net.minecraftforge.oredict.OreDictionary missing from 1.14.4 MDK

JMAS

I'm working on a mod for 1.14.4 and trying to import 

net.minecraftforge.oredict.OreDictionary;

which gives the error:

error: package net.minecraftforge.oredict does not exist
import net.minecraftforge.oredict.OreDictionary;

I have manually searched through all the subfolders in forge-1.14.4-28.1.98-mdk, but it doesn't appear to exist.

Was this an oversight?  Is the download corrupted?  I have re-downloaded and re-searched for it to no avail.  Can I get a link to manually add it to my libraries?

Thanks in advance,

JMAS

import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.Event;

// Called before an item is rendered on a platform. 

my plan is to use the recently located: 

net.minecraftforge.common.animation.Event;

here's to hoping

Edited by JMAS
expanding

Thank you for the answer and for the constructive instruction.  Officially, I started learning Java about three weeks ago.  I completed the SoloLearn program last week, and am 82% of the way done re-viewing it to confirm that what I learned did stick.  I'm reading the Oracle tutorials at their website and am up to Controlling Access to Members of a Class.  Completed the first seven Mr Crayfish modding tutorials, and devoured Jorrit Tyberghein's "Modding Tutorial 1.14: Episode 1 (IDEA setup, basic mod and first block)" after being excoriated by Daemon Umbra for asking questions about 1.7.10.

I've jumped in and started with the Minecraft mods as the review code because I can't learn in a vacuum.  I set up the Procyon decompiler and have been reviewing my son's favorite mods and attempting to recompile them for 1.14.4 (per D.U.), which is why my questions are oriented as they are; its the jump from 1.12.2 to 1.14.4 (which would be JDK 7 to JDK 8, I gather).

I suspect that Daemon Umbra has lots of experience in coding but very little in human interaction and forgets that his position isn't aiding experts but is aiding newcomers.

I thank you again for your instruction and for your good-natured demeanor.

Respectfully,

JMAS

Ok, sounds good.  Do you have a particular recommendation on where to start on Github?  Is there a particular open source mod that has a high degree of functionality that would make a good starting point? 

(I've noticed that every Java turorial says "comment your code so people can understand what you're trying to accomplish" but the only person I've seen comment their code was the one person who was blasting another mod-author and writing a big "I-told-you-so" in his comments cutting that person down and then claiming superior methodology.  It would be nice to see code that has comments that actually explain the outcome.)

Thank you

JMAS

Edited by JMAS
expanding for clarity