[1.15.1] How to make mesh blocks/entities models/models?

DragonITA

I know two mods, one is the NoCubes mod and the second is the LycaniteMobs and these two have one thing in common: the two use non-cubic blocks/models and my question is: How did they do it? With blender or something? For the models I found a tutoriala, so I'm interested in the LycaniteMobs: how did his modder OBJ make EntitiesModels and apply them to the entities? I found this link. If it is possible to use OBJ Models as EntitiesModels too, then how can I animate them?

New in Modding? == Still learning!

• 2 weeks later...

NoCubes is also open source.

https://github.com/Cadiboo/NoCubes

However, NoCubes generates customised dynamic models for each block in a world which is probably not what you want to do.

To make blocks use non-cubic models you’re going to want to use Forge’s .obj or .b3d model support (Outdated docs). If you need your model to be animated you can use Forge’s Animation API or render everything yourself with a TileEntity Renderer (can have a very large performance impact). If you go with the TileEntity Renderer approach you should load model files instead of writing your model using Minecraft’s Java model system (for resource pack compatibility & performance).

• Like 1

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)