Messes UP Textures

Slack47

Hi, I have messed up all my mod textures because I edited some Preferences/General/Content Type e coding to UTF-8 and there is no way to revert it to default. Could you please tell me all your settings in this part of preferences? I really messed up and I searched everywhere to revert it but no results :(

Changing your text encoding format should do nothing to texture files.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

12 hours ago, Draco18s said:

Changing your text encoding format should do nothing to texture files.

Well, apparently it did...

In the text section there isn't only text files encoding. There is also json , Java encoding etc.

I'm 100% sure I messed up the textures by this action because it's the only thing I did.

14 minutes ago, Slack47 said:

In the text section there isn't only text files encoding. There is also json , Java encoding etc.

Json is text. Java is text. Text is text.

Images are not text.

(And I just checked my dev environment, its in UTF-8)

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

3 hours ago, Draco18s said:

Json is text. Java is text. Text is text.

Images are not text.

(And I just checked my dev environment, its in UTF-8)

Not everything is in UTF-8 some of them use ISO something and some of them don't have anything and I put everything to UTF-8 and it messed up the textures.

Don't ask me for logic here but I'm 100% sure that's the problem.

And I'm 100% sure it isn't.

9 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

And I'm 100% sure it isn't.

Well maybe I didn't explain it clearly.

All textures are fine in the folder.

When I run the game through eclipse, every textures of my mod are Purple/Black squares. You get the same thing when you don't assign the textures to an object through JSON.

I wanted to do a Polish Lang file.

Polish languages has some letters that don't work in standard encoding. O started the game and they had some ? Squares instead of ą ł ż ź etc. 

Then I changed the encoding on everything(except the ISO ones) to UTF-8 and applied.

I run the game and every textures from my mod are Purple/Black squares(in game not in my textures folder)

Thanks for answers.

Then it isn't your textures that are messed up, but your blockstate or model files. Double check what is actually in those and verify the resource names against the file system.

i.e. you're wrong and I'm right because:

You get the same thing when you don't assign the textures to an object through JSON.

As far as the game is concerned, your textures are not correctly assigned.

Edited by Draco18s

15 hours ago, Draco18s said:

Then it isn't your textures that are messed up, but your blockstate or model files. Double check what is actually in those and verify the resource names against the file system.

i.e. you're wrong and I'm right because:

As far as the game is concerned, your textures are not correctly assigned.

Well, turns out that changing encoding deleted all my texture files...