[1.15.2] Entites Spawn as pigs

plugsmustard

17 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

You create EntityType instances for all your entities in drmdgg.marijuanacraft.init.Entities. You do so in a static initializer, which is not correct, registry entries must be created in their appropriate registry event. Apart from that, you never register these EntityType instances, so they are not valid. Regardless you use them to create your spawn egg items, which means they point to invalid entities.

You then register your entities using DeferredRegister in drmdgg.marijuanacraft.util.Registries. You never use these to create spawn eggs.

so I should be deleting that entire class? and just work with deferredRegister?

how do I do this with spawn eggs?

3 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

DeferredRegister and vanilla spawn eggs are a bit problematic currently, because items are registered before entities.

so how should i be doing it?

and should i bother using the "Entities" class, which has all the world spawn and spawn eggs(that dont work)

These two topics also describe this issue

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

7 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

You either have to write your own spawn egg code which uses suppliers or use the traditional registry events.

Either write your own better code or use the same hack that’s been used for ages of creating your entity type in the item event that is incompatible with dynamically reloading registries. I would definitely go with the former.

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

4 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Yeah, this is actually pretty easy to do by extending SpawnEggItem. Pass null to the constuctor and overide getType to use a supplier instead of the typeIn field.

Any reason why Forge doesn’t patch in another constructor the way it does for fluids (or maybe it’s buckets?)

About Me

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Probably because nobody has made  PR yet.

That sounds like it needs to be done then.

About Me

Spoiler

I don't think it will help you, but if you have no other choice, I would recommend Blender and import the model as OBJ Model or JSON Model. For this you can simply use the addon that used Lycanite (you have to import it manually, so go into scripts and paste there the code you copied). The link: https://gitlab.com/Lycanite/LycanitesMobs/blob/master/src/main/resources/io_export_lycanitesmobs.py

• Like 1

New in Modding? == Still learning!

13 hours ago, DragonITA said:

I noticed that the DeferredRegister is not yet stable enough with the registration of the entities.

This is not at all true. There is a small (easily fixable on your end) issue with SpawnEggItems. Not Entities.

Edited by Cadiboo
  • Like 1

About Me

Spoiler