[1.15.2] Check if a entity is in panic, how?

DragonITA

25 minutes ago, loordgek said:

na just leaf it

Why Forge not have this option? Anyway thanks for the link, i am reading it. But can i simply not use the by Minecraft provided PacketBuffer class? Then if i have created my class (if), then how to use it with my function? Yes, the link show me a example, but it not really help me… 

Edited by DragonITA

New in Modding? == Still learning!

18 hours ago, loordgek said:

show me what you have tried 

@loordgek here is my code. I found a method to register my Buffer: https://github.com/DragonGamerDevelopers/NewFantasyMod/blob/1.15.2/src/main/java/mod/dragonita/fantasymod/Main.java#L75

But i have no idea on how to use it:

18 hours ago, DragonITA said:

hen how to use it with my function?

So i not know what i can send to the server. Thanks for trying to help me!

https://github.com/DragonGamerDevelopers/NewFantasyMod/blob/1.15.2/src/main/java/mod/dragonita/fantasymod/customthings/ModidPacketHandler.java#L22-L35

it is better to extract this into its own class and name it "PanicMessage" ModidPacketHandler is a bad name for it

https://github.com/DragonGamerDevelopers/NewFantasyMod/blob/1.15.2/src/main/java/mod/dragonita/fantasymod/customthings/ModidPacketHandler.java#L30

needs also the message, "PanicMessage" in this case

public void handle(PanicMessage message, Supplier<NetworkEvent.Context> context)

https://github.com/DragonGamerDevelopers/NewFantasyMod/blob/1.15.2/src/main/java/mod/dragonita/fantasymod/Main.java#L75

where you do 505156459 it is better to have do ID++ and ID is a static field

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/blob/1.15.x/src/main/java/net/minecraftforge/fml/network/simple/SimpleChannel.java#L112-L125

use this to send a message to the client

1 hour ago, loordgek said:

use this to send a message to the client

Why i message? I have think that i need to use my Network class for using the getRunningGoals() function, as the returned stream was always null…

it is better to extract this into its own class and name it "PanicMessage"

Ok, if you think.

needs also the message, "PanicMessage" in this case

Thanks, it help me to know how to use it.

1 hour ago, DragonITA said:

Why i message? I have think that i need to use my Network class for using the getRunningGoals() function, as the returned stream was always null…

it is server side you need to send a message to all clients in render range to tell it panics 

So, i am trying to make as you have say it, but i not understand what msg is, i searched with crtl + shift + T and i found 2 classes, and if i search on google i find Jms, and this don‘t is what i need. But really thanks @loordgek!

Edited by DragonITA

8 hours ago, loordgek said:

Yes, i know what the final modifier make, i say me that final modifier was not allowed as i use the ++ Operator, and this can‘t work with the final keyword. So i yet just have ID, without ++. 

8 hours ago, loordgek said:

Sorry, i was dumb. I just notate that i copied from the other class.

Ok, so, now i only need to get the Chunk of the player, any idea? This is what i have(yes, it was false i know):

https://github.com/DragonGamerDevelopers/NewFantasyMod/blob/1.15.2/src/main/java/mod/dragonita/fantasymod/entities/UnicornEntity.java#L48

I read it into the link you sendet me…

Edited by DragonITA

2 hours ago, DragonITA said:

Yes, i know what the final modifier make, i say me that final modifier was not allowed as i use the ++ Operator, and this can‘t work with the final keyword. So i yet just have ID, without ++. 

no. dont make it final, dont set it, and use ++

instead of TRACKING_CHUNK use TRACKING_ENTITY

4 hours ago, loordgek said:

instead of TRACKING_CHUNK use TRACKING_ENTITY

Thanks

4 hours ago, loordgek said:

no. dont make it final, dont set it

17 hours ago, loordgek said:

plz learn what the final modifier does

it can start at 0

Ok, this i understand, but i not understand why i not need to set it… Ok, i will try.

Edited by DragonITA

Thanks for you very great help, this is what i now have:

https://github.com/DragonGamerDevelopers/NewFantasyMod/blob/1.15.2/src/main/java/mod/dragonita/fantasymod/entities/UnicornEntity.java#L51

https://github.com/DragonGamerDevelopers/NewFantasyMod/blob/1.15.2/src/main/java/mod/dragonita/fantasymod/client/models/ModelUnicorn.java#L308

Is here any way to get the Player or i just can replace:

public boolean CompareGoal(Class<PanicGoal> TargetGoal, PlayerEntity player) {
		PacketHandler.INSTANCE.send(PacketDistributor.TRACKING_ENTITY.with(()->player), PanicMessage.class);
		LOGGER.info("The ReturnValue will be: " + this.goalSelector.getRunningGoals().anyMatch(goal -> goal.getGoal().getClass() == TargetGoal));
		return this.goalSelector.getRunningGoals().anyMatch(goal -> goal.getGoal().getClass() == TargetGoal);
	}

with this:

public boolean CompareGoal(Class<PanicGoal> TargetGoal, PlayerEntity player) {
		PacketHandler.INSTANCE.send(PacketDistributor.TRACKING_ENTITY.noArg(), PanicMessage.class);
		LOGGER.info("The ReturnValue will be: " + this.goalSelector.getRunningGoals().anyMatch(goal -> goal.getGoal().getClass() == TargetGoal));
		return this.goalSelector.getRunningGoals().anyMatch(goal -> goal.getGoal().getClass() == TargetGoal);
	}

It just was a question @loordgek.

29 minutes ago, loordgek said:

Thanks you a very much! Sorry if i annoy you. I just am curious: What is dataManger? i have see this in others in the others entity‘s, but never have understand what it really make. The rest i can understand (only a couple of things). This will really help others modder. 

So, here is only one thing that i not understand:

public boolean isPanic() {
 		return this.goalSelector.getRunningGoals().anyMatch(goal -> goal.getGoal().getClass() == PanicGoal.class);
 	}

@Override
 	public void tick() {
 		super.tick();
 		if (!world.isRemote) {
 			if (isPanic() && !dataManager.get(PANIC)) {
 				dataManager.set(PANIC, true);
 			} else dataManager.set(PANIC, false);
 		}
 	}

When before my isPanic function don‘t has work, so why it should be work here, only as here we get it from the client side? And with this my Packet/Channel will be useless…

And why DataManagers are useful? Really thank for your help (If you want i can add you into my Mod credits…)!

Edited by DragonITA

When before my isPanic function don‘t has work, so why it should be work here, only as here we get it from the client side?

it server side only

If you want i can add you into my Mod credits…

?

• Like 1