How to add interface on the main play screen

outflows

So I'm trying to add a sort of interface to the main play screen (similar to a minimap) but I really can't find any way to do so. I've been looking through the GUI class but I don't think that'll work for what I have in mind. If someone has any ideas that would be great. Also, if someone knows how to view the code for a mini map mod or something that would also be very helpful.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, outflows said:

This isn't a bump but just a friendly push

No, it's a bump.

You need to render your custom interface in the RenderGameOverlayEvent.Post (So it is displayed in front of anything else on the screen).

You also need to make sure you only listen to one of the events (see RenderGameOverlayEvent.ElementType) to prevent rendering it multiple times per frame.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alpvax said:

No, it's a bump.

You need to render your custom interface in the RenderGameOverlayEvent.Post (So it is displayed in front of anything else on the screen).

You also need to make sure you only listen to one of the events (see RenderGameOverlayEvent.ElementType) to prevent rendering it multiple times per frame.

Maybe this is a stupid question but is there a way to see how this is actually done in game? Like is there a class I can find where this event is being executed or is that something that mojang doesn't want us to see? As you can tell, I'm not the most experienced modder yet.

3 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

The event is added by Forge.

Vanilla's HUD is in the IngameGui class. Forge has a custom version of this class called ForgeIngameGui which adds the events.

Is there an easy way to search for these classes in the explorer because I've been looking for a while and can't find them. All I was able to find was ForgeGUIFactory.

Edited by outflows

First: No, it work on all IDE, if you are modding for 1.12.2 is still should work. Second: Read the blue Gui above your Topic title. It say: 1.12.2 is no longer supported. Update to a new Version of Minecraft for receive support. Simply google and you should have your solution.

New in Modding? == Still learning!

30 minutes ago, DragonITA said:

First: No, it work on all IDE, if you are modding for 1.12.2 is still should work. Second: Read the blue Gui above your Topic title. It say: 1.12.2 is no longer supported. Update to a new Version of Minecraft for receive support. Simply google and you should have your solution.

First: I didn't say that it wouldn't work on my IDE. Second: I don't know what to tell you because I can't find that class anywhere. Third: I know 1.12.2 isn't supported anymore but when I googled this topic I couldn't find anything.