• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Hello! I'm all new to new minecraft so when i eventually wanted to start using mods again I was recommended for using forge but now I'm running into the issue of the forge installer not opening at all. I've followed an older thread that said to open it using the command line but nothing has worked. I keep getting the console telling me "Unable to access jarfile forge-1.16.4-35.1.4-installer.jar." I've also reinstalled minecraft, reinstalled the latest version of java, and used the most up to date and the previous version of forge installer and nothing is working. Please help!    
    • Ok , I'll try it  Thanks for the replay I'll let you know if is working 
    • Note: I am using registry events instead of deferred registry so if someone chimes in on a difference that works better than listen to them. this method still works so i am yet to be motivated to change. I am able to replace blocks using the RegistryEvent.Register<Block>. I get the old resource location ForgeRegistries.BLOCKS.getKey(oldBlock); and set the custom block with that blocks registry location newBlock.setRegistryName(resourceLocation); ForgeRegistries.BLOCKS.register(newBlock); I also replace the Item (again i dont know if this is still needed as doing so still works so i have yet to change it)
    • Did you run your server?  
    • Ok guys .. So , I'm trying to replace a vanilla block in 1.16.4 but no luck! First I created a Workspace like I always do .. I created a block class for my replaced block: public class ExempleBlock extends CactusBlock /*just an ex.*/ { public ExempleBlock() { super(AbstractBlock.Properties.from(Blocks.CACTUS)); } } Then I tried to register it : First method( copied from an old 1.12 mod by rwTema ) @Mod.EventHandler/* not in 1.16*/ public void preinit(FMLPreInitializationEvent event) {/* not in 1.16 , I think*/ Block blockDietHopper = new BlockDietHopper(); ForgeRegistries.BLOCKS.register(blockDietHopper); } Then I tried to do this with a new registry event //from the exemple mod private void setup(final FMLCommonSetupEvent event){ Block ex = new ExempleBlock(); ForgeRegistries.BLOCKS.register(ex); } no luck Then I tried this : @Mod(ExempleMain.MOD_ID) public class ExempleMain { public static final String MOD_ID = "id"; private static final Logger LOGGER = LogManager.getLogger(); public static final DeferredRegister<Block> BLOCKS = DeferredRegister.create(ForgeRegistries.BLOCKS, "minecraft"); public static final RegistryObject<Block> BETTER_EXEMPLE = BLOCKS.register("exemple_block", () -> new ExempleBlock()); public ExempleMain() { IEventBus bus = FMLJavaModLoadingContext.get().getModEventBus(); bus.addListener(this::setup); ExempleMain.BLOCKS.register(bus); } private void setup(final FMLCommonSetupEvent event){} } No luck   The idea is , I want to modify the TileEntity or the TESR for the vanilla blocks (ex: tools hovering on enchanting table , Nethar anchor GUI, Composter GUI, etc)   Note: I use IntelliJ and mdk-1.16.4-35.1.37   And Thanks for every topic
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)