The import net cannot be resolved

me1

I'm just starting with minecraft modding but everywhere I go I find outdated questions and tutorials.

I made my mod projokt(eclipse) and opened the examplemod.java.

But the 'net' in import net.minecraft.... is underlined red. It sais 'The import net cannot be resolved'.

I use 1.15.2

pls help and if you can link a good modding tutorial pls!

Edit:I'll just use IntelliJ.It's easier to setup.

Edited by me1
i give up

Well, that sounds like an issue with the dependencies...

README.txt
"If at any point you are missing libraries in your IDE, or you've run into problems you can run "gradlew --refresh-dependencies" to refresh the local cache. "gradlew clean" to reset everything {this does not affect your code} and then start the processs again."

@Mixu_78 I've only ever used 1.12.2 so esh. But why genEclipseRuns? What if they use IntelliJ? And isn't that task for making the runs for the mod?

You can read all of this in the README.txt file in your mod directory.

Edited by Budschie

1. Create an folder outside of your mod directory.

2. Open that folder in eclipse.

3. Choose File -> Import -> Gradle -> Existing Gradle Project -> Set the project root directory to your mod directory (not your newly created folder)

4. Click on Finish.

1 hour ago, me1 said:

@Budschieps: I reference no librarys

Well you should because that's where all of the vanilla code lives. In your project view window there should be a place called "referenced libraries" and it should contain about 50-60 items.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...