Need help with an error that keeps occuring

Babelincoln1809

I'm currently making my own mod on a MAC and the version is 1.14.4. Implementing items is fine, all that works, but until I finish coding something else this error keeps happening. First it was when I completed making my blocks, and then it occurred again, after restarting my whole project, when I made a creative tab. Here's the crash list. Any help is much appreciated, I'm trying too look in it myself, but I'm so not sure what it's asking for.

https://paste.dimdev.org/acocazegan.mccrash

2 minutes ago, Babelincoln1809 said:

Any help is much appreciated, I'm trying too look in it myself, but I'm so not sure what it's asking for.

I've seen this crash once before on here, however I'm not sure what the fix was for it.

Actually here is a link to the post where a "solution" was found.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Every time you edit a directory in Mac with the system navigator (Finder), a .DS_Store is generated if there hasn’t been one already.

I avoided this by finding and deleting all .DS_Store under a directory with 

find <PATH> -name ".DS_store" -delete

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

19 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Is there really still no way to turn this crap off?

As far as I know Apple has not provided any proper methods of disabling these “features”, and one has to disable certain system properties via console to stop the generation of these files, which would affect the system globally (you cannot disable .DS_Store under a specific directory), and might cause problems in the system later on. Note that Apple still insists on having .DS_Store, and the hacky way of disabling system properties to remove .DS_Store might be removed in the future.

There are still some third-party applications that moves all the .DS_Store to a more non-obtrusive location (or remove them completely) though.

Edited by DavidM

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.