How to make a Pushable hasTileEntity Block with Pistons?

Looking for a way to allow pistons to move my block, with extends BlockContainer and has an TileEntity,

Do to BlockPistonBase's: return !par1World.blockHasTileEntity(par2, par3, par4); , my block well.... blocks pistons from extending.

private static boolean canPushBlock(int par0, World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4, boolean par5)
    {
        if (par0 == Block.obsidian.blockID)
        {
            return false;
        }
        else
        {
            if (par0 != Block.pistonBase.blockID && par0 != Block.pistonStickyBase.blockID)
            {
                if (Block.blocksList[par0].getBlockHardness(par1World, par2, par3, par4) == -1.0F)
                {
                    return false;
                }

if (Block.blocksList[par0].getMobilityFlag() == 2)
                {
                    return false;
                }

if (Block.blocksList[par0].getMobilityFlag() == 1)
                {
                    if (!par5)
                    {
                        return false;
                    }

return true;
                }
            }
            else if (isExtended(par1World.getBlockMetadata(par2, par3, par4)))
            {
                return false;
            }

------------------------->   return !par1World.blockHasTileEntity(par2, par3, par4);     <--------------------------------
        }
    }

Is there a hook I can use to bypass the normal piston behavioral or another way to backdoor this problem?

-Thanks

Btw, I am using TileEntity to store the blocks "Durability", which when its durabiliy reaches 0, the block and tileentity are removed. via breakBlock();

I found TileEntitys are the only way to store NBT infomation for the block which they are located at =/, since the Block Meta is taken up by its placement direction (block is place able on walls).

• 5 years later...
5 minutes ago, GDavid said:

You can use multiple blocks as a workaround. Like one block for 20 hp, one for 19 and so on and all drop the same block, even with silk touch.

Please don't necropost. This is 5 years old.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

• Guest locked this topic