[1.15.2] Check if the player has swung their weapon

ultra_reemun

24 minutes ago, ultra_reemun said:

Is there an event I can use to check if the player has swung their weapon?

Depends on what you want to do. How do you define "swung their weapon"? Is this any left click with the Item in their hand? You may need to use a combination of PlayerInteractEvent subclasses.

Elaborate a bit more.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

9 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Depends on what you want to do. How do you define "swung their weapon"? Is this any left click with the Item in their hand? You may need to use a combination of PlayerInteractEvent subclasses.

Elaborate a bit more.

Apologies for not being specific enough.

I want to check if a player has attacked with a tool, so left clicked but not to mine a block.

I'm also looking to temporarily stop them from being able to do so, or at least stop it from inflicting damage.

6 minutes ago, ultra_reemun said:

I'm also looking to temporarily stop them from being able to do so, or at least stop it from inflicting damage.

Is it your Item? If so you can use Item::hitEntity to detect when an Entity is hit. However you can't stop the hit/damage from being processed.

If you end goal is too cancel damage/an attack you should use LivingAttackEvent and cancel it when you want the attack to not happen.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

2 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Is it your Item? If so you can use Item::hitEntity to detect when an Entity is hit. However you can't stop the hit/damage from being processed.

Thank you for the advice but I simply want to detect when the player has swung one of the vanilla tools.

3 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

If you end goal is too cancel damage/an attack you should use LivingAttackEvent and cancel it when you want the attack to not happen.

How would I go about using this event to stop the player from being able to damage other entities?

Thank you for all your help.

9 minutes ago, ultra_reemun said:

damage other entities?

What do you mean other entities? Try taking a look in the class and it's parent classes.