[1.15.2] Summon Fireball on Item Use

jaxbymc42

I have a custom wand that I would like to summon a fireball entity and shoot it like a Ghast on right click using ActionResultType onItemUse and then remove one durability from the item.  I have created a class and put together what I thought would work for this situation but I am currently lost on it.  Any help is appreciated and I feel bad for asking anything.  Thank you!  Here is the item class:  https://pastebin.com/0h9XLTYi

1 hour ago, jaxbymc42 said:

but I am currently lost on it.

Generally it helps if you give more information. What is it doing vs what you want it to do? The first thing I notice is you are using Item::onItemUse. Item::onItemUse is called when the player right clicks on a Block. Check out this video. It talks about the basic Item methods. You want Item::onItemRightClick

Edited by Animefan8888

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

9 minutes ago, jaxbymc42 said:

(Is this enough info? (I'm sorry!))

Did you read my entire post. I told you what was immediately wrong.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

2 minutes ago, jaxbymc42 said:

I don't understand raytracing very well

You don't need to understand ray tracing to do what you want to do. If you want a code example check out the GhastEntity::FireballAttackGoal::tick on lines 194-203

I took your advice and now the item is working... kind of.  The only issue now is that it won't shoot in the y-range (up or down).  It only shoots straight out no matter how high or low I look. Basically, I used the code from GhastEntity like you had mentioned and targetted the PlayerEntity instead of the livingentity variable but with negative values so the fireball shot away from the player.  https://pastebin.com/Q9RwgBNf

Edited by jaxbymc42

1 hour ago, jaxbymc42 said:

I took your advice and now the item is working... kind of.  The only issue now is that it won't shoot in the y-range (up or down).  It only shoots straight out no matter how high or low I look. Basically, I used the code from GhastEntity like you had mentioned and targetted the PlayerEntity instead of the livingentity variable but with negative values so the fireball shot away from the player.  https://pastebin.com/Q9RwgBNf

This will always be -0.5 right?

double d3 = playerIn.getPosYHeight(0.5D) - (0.5D + playerIn.getPosYHeight(0.5D));

Sounds like you need to read the code to understand what it's doing instead of blindly copy-pasting it.

• 4 weeks later...