Non-Blockstate values in IBlockColor [1.15.1]

Jipthechip

27 minutes ago, Jipthechip said:

My BlockState became too complicated for the values I wanted to feed into my IBlockColor#getColor() implementation.

Is there any alternative to getting values from the BlockState, or will I have to use a TER/TESR?

I'm not sure if this still works, but you might be able to cast the ILightReader to a World(do an instanceof check it can be null). Then if it is use World::getTileEntity and store your colors in the TileEntity.

• Like 1

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

6 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

No need for the cast, ILightReader extends IBlockReader, which has getTileEntity.

Ah ok I didn't get that from the name, and didn't check either. Either way they still have to check for null.

• Like 1

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

13 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

I'm not sure if this still works, but you might be able to cast the ILightReader to a World(do an instanceof check it can be null). Then if it is use World::getTileEntity and store your colors in the TileEntity.

6 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

No need for the cast, ILightReader extends IBlockReader, which has getTileEntity.

Not casting it worked, but I tried casting it anyway just to see what would happen and it crashed. It gave the error:

java.lang.ClassCastException: net.minecraft.client.renderer.chunk.ChunkRenderCache cannot be cast to net.minecraft.world.World

1 minute ago, Jipthechip said:

but I tried casting it anyway just to see what would happen and it crashed. It gave the error:

(do an instanceof check

Also it can be null make sure it is not null before you use it.

1 minute ago, Jipthechip said:

I did that, and it just ended up never getting to the code I wanted it to.

Which means I was wrong about it being a World instance when you need it to be.

I'm not sure if this still works, but you might be able to cast the ILightReader to a World

1 hour ago, diesieben07 said:

Show your code.

My code was just this

assert lightReader != null;
assert pos != null;
if(lightReader instanceof World){
    // misc code never reached
}else{
    return MaterialColor.WATER.colorValue;
}

Like I said, not casting the ILightReader worked just fine. I was just curious if it could be cast to a World, and it doesn't seem like it can.

Edited by Jipthechip