Block texture animation

Jwosty

Trivial question, but how do you animate block textures? I've seen a few other threads on this, but the answers aren't definitive or aren't on the thread at all. I've figured out about the TextureFX, but for one thing, where do you even tie a specific instance with your block? Peeking around in the vanilla code that uses this seems like you don't... :/ Please help!

I like to make mods, just like you. Here's one worth checking out

Animated block/item textures are fairly simple. They require no code at all. To animate a texture, you have to make a image that has all the frames for the animation in it.

Example image:

ExampleAnimatedTexture.png

then, in the textures folder, you have a text file under the same name as the texture you want animated. So say my image was called awesomeSword.png, i would call the text file awesomeSword.txt. Now if you left it blank, the frames would be played through one after the other, with no breaks.

Look at this quote to see more about changing the speed of the animation:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1722368-15-icons-and-block-textures/page__st__140#entry21778101

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD