[solved] Can i replace textures in a blockstate-json-file?

Drachenbauer

Hello

At testing around with stairs-blocks, i noticed, the sandstone-stairs (red and baige) have turned their different textures with them, if used upside down.

the rough sandstone_bottom textures are now on top of the block and the smooth sandstone_top thextures are now at the bottom.

Is there any way to switch theese textures in the blockstates-json, without creating extra upside down models?

I found this forge blockstates page:

Forge blockstates json

But i´m not sure, if this also works in 1.15.2.

Edited by Drachenbauer

Why are you using someone's ripped mirror of the docs?

https://mcforge.readthedocs.io/en/1.15.x/

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

In the matching link in your page comes a page not found error.

It seems like the blocstate.json-chapters in your linked site are not added yet.

There are two links, but they end in errors.

And i thaught, my link is the one about a previous version.

Edited by Drachenbauer

Yeah, because Forge blockstates don't exist any more. They're not needed because the vanilla system is smarter now.

Edited by Draco18s

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

But i still don´t know, how to switch textures without creating a new model file?

I want to use the existing sandstone stairs model, rotate it 180° for upside down and switch textures for top and bottom.

for older versions, a forge blockstate json made it possible.

But is it now possible witth the normal blockstate format, too?

Edited by Drachenbauer

You can't.

Yes.