[SOLVED][1.15.2] Problems with PlayerEntity#changeDimension

Novârch

I want to change the dimension of a player if some conditions are met, so I use PlayerEntity#changeDimension, specifically this line:

this.getMaster().changeDimension(DimensionType.THE_NETHER);

, but everytime it runs ingame I get an IllegalStateException.

The code is being run from an entity class and I don't think I can change that without restructuring the mod. Here's a link to the class.

It's sad how much time mods spend saying "x is no longer supported on this forum. Please update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support".

I'm pretty sure your issue is arising from the fact that the entity is trying to change the dimension of the player while they are in the loading screen for the dimension.

Btw, why do you have so many variables for your player? I'd remove the mastername and master entity variables and just keep the uuid. When you are using the player, just use World#getPlayerByUuid.

1 hour ago, kaydogz said:

I'm pretty sure your issue is arising from the fact that the entity is trying to change the dimension of the player while they are in the loading screen for the dimension.

How would I go about fixing this? I tried something like this:

int dimensionTick = 0;
if (this.dimensionTick == 0)
{
	dimensionTick=1;
}

, but it still crashes, I tested further to see if it was really being run only once and it is.

1 hour ago, kaydogz said:

Btw, why do you have so many variables for your player? I'd remove the mastername and master entity variables and just keep the uuid. When you are using the player, just use World#getPlayerByUuid.

Yeah, the code is pretty messy, I'll clean that up.

It's sad how much time mods spend saying "x is no longer supported on this forum. Please update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support".

3 minutes ago, Novârch said:

How would I go about fixing this? I tried something like this:

int dimensionTick = 0;
if (this.dimensionTick == 0)
{
	dimensionTick=1;
}

, but it still crashes, I tested further to see if it was really being run only once and it is.

Yeah, the code is pretty messy, I'll clean that up.

The dimension tick does not work because the variable gets set back to zero every tick. It effectively does nothing. Try checking if the player is in the same world as the entity: this.world.getPlayers().contains(getMaster())

16 minutes ago, kaydogz said:

Try checking if the player is in the same world as the entity: this.world.getPlayers().contains(getMaster())

Didn't work, just tried it.

16 minutes ago, kaydogz said:

The dimension tick does not work because the variable gets set back to zero every tick.

It's declared outside of the tick() method, the changeDimension() method ran once when I used it, I verified with sysouts.

*Edit: Here's the debug.log if it helps.

Edited by Novârch

7 hours ago, kaydogz said:

It seems that the player is being ticked while you are trying to change it's dimension (remove it from the world), which causes an illegal state exception.

Of course, I've been getting a ticking entity error this whole time, but I can't just prevent the player from ticking, right? The next thing I tried was to find a boolean for if an entity is ticking, doesn't exist.

My only problem with all of this is that the code I use works fine the end portal's class and forge setdimension command's class.

Also, the error persists wherever I use the method, in events, entities, items and pretty much everything.

• Novârch changed the title to [SOLVED][1.15.2] Problems with PlayerEntity#changeDimension
  • 2 months later...
14 hours ago, ironbatman12 said:

how would you call the method through a client to server packet?

Don't.