[1.15.2] How to check if a certain item is in hand

TowerMX

I'm trying to make a block give you an item only when you click it with a certain item (id and nbt). I've seen this solved in previous versions but I just can't figure out how to do this in 1.15.2.

Also, I'm manipulating the onBlockActivated action in this block class, is it right?

Thanks for any help.

do you want to click or mine the block?

if you want to click you could do that:

-   override Block#onBlockActivated  (you are right)

-   check if the item is the special (Player#getHeldItem (its the ItemStack so you can get the id (ItemStack#getItem) and the nbt))

-   if so you could use InventoryHelper#spawnItemStack but it would be batter to create a loot-table and spawn it somehow in the world

• Thanks 1

I will make fun of you if you are not able to look into the (vanilla-) code.

19 hours ago, Niprow said:

do you want to click or mine the block?

if you want to click you could do that:

-   override Block#onBlockActivated  (you are right)

-   check if the item is the special (Player#getHeldItem (its the ItemStack so you can get the id (ItemStack#getItem) and the nbt))

-   if so you could use InventoryHelper#spawnItemStack but it would be batter to create a loot-table and spawn it somehow in the world

Thank you! I was messing up and couldn't understand exactly how to use it. I've managed to use the Player#getHeldItem as you said and it works fine, I can now use its id and nbt.