Block texture showing up in inventory, but not placed.

Considering it has it's texture in the inventory, most likely your item model is correct, and it is instead a problem with your blockstate.json file. Can you post your blockstate, block model, and item model .json?

Follow these rules when talking to me, and we'll get along fine.

1).I know Java fairly well. I don't know as much about modding. They are not the same, don't compare them.

2). I consider myself to always be learning. I make mistakes, you make mistakes. Who doesn't?

3). Insult me, and I will leave the thread. I have a real life, I don't have time to throw petty insults in a Minecraft Modding forum.

ModMCdl - Co-Founder and Director of Design for Artemis Game Studios

Also post your latest log file.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

11 minutes ago, ModMCdl said:

Considering it has it's texture in the inventory, most likely your item model is correct, and it is instead a problem with your blockstate.json file. Can you post your blockstate, block model, and item model .json?

blockstate: { "variants": { "": { "model": "test:block/plastic_block" } } }

block model: { "parent": "block/cube_all", "textures": { "all": "test:blocks/plastic_block" } }

Item: { "parent": "test:block/plastic_block" }

55 minutes ago, LinuxMinecrafter234 said:

blockstate: { "variants": { "": { "model": "test:block/plastic_block" } } }

block model: { "parent": "block/cube_all", "textures": { "all": "test:blocks/plastic_block" } }

Item: { "parent": "test:block/plastic_block" }

Although this is incredibly hard to read, (in the future please make use of code blocks/spacing), your .json files look valid. Is everything named correctly and in the correct location? 

Also this:

1 hour ago, Draco18s said:

Also post your latest log file.

Edited by ModMCdl

1).I know Java fairly well. I don't know as much about modding. They are not the same, don't compare them.

2). I consider myself to always be learning. I make mistakes, you make mistakes. Who doesn't?

3). Insult me, and I will leave the thread. I have a real life, I don't have time to throw petty insults in a Minecraft Modding forum.

4 minutes ago, ModMCdl said:

Although this is incredibly hard to read, (in the future please make use of code blocks/spacing), your .json files look valid. Is everything named correctly and in the correct location? 

Also this:

sorry. Yes. I made sure the naming was correct. Also, I am launching minecraft from Intellij. Is there a latest.log?

13 minutes ago, LinuxMinecrafter234 said:

[05May2020 10:44:08.298] [Server-Worker-3/WARN] [net.minecraft.client.renderer.model.ModelBakery/]: Exception loading blockstate definition: test:blockstates/plastic_block.json: java.io.FileNotFoundException: test:blockstates/plastic_block.json

[05May2020 10:44:08.299] [Server-Worker-3/WARN] [net.minecraft.client.renderer.model.ModelBakery/]: Exception loading blockstate definition: 'test:blockstates/plastic_block.json' missing model for variant: 'test:plastic_block#'

A). Forge cannot find your blockstate file. It is either not named "plastic_block.json" or is not in the blockstates folder. Thus, it cannot find your model file either.

B). This was incredibly hard to read. Again, please use codeblocks or https://pastebin.com to post large blocks of log output/code like this. No one can read through that easily, and we won't be able to effectively help you.

Edited by ModMCdl

2 minutes ago, ModMCdl said:

A). Forge cannot find your blockstate file. It is either not named "plastic_block.json" or is not in the blockstates folder. Thus, it cannot find your model file either.

B). This was incredibly hard to read. Again, please use codeblocks or https://pastebin.com to post large blocks of log output/code like this. No one can read through that easily, and we won't be able to effectively help you.

ok. I edited it to a pastebin shortly after posting. anyways, here is a screenshot of my directories.

directories.png

1 minute ago, LinuxMinecrafter234 said:

ok. I edited it to a pastebin shortly after posting. anyways, here is a screenshot of my directories.

Your folder should be set up as resources\assets\modid\blockstates etc.  Not what you have there.

You're missing your modID directory.

image.png.40dae4417f754a27d50a2db636e6dbb2.png

Edited by Draco18s

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

1 minute ago, LinuxMinecrafter234 said:

I have added an item and it worked fine. If it's something like that, wouldn't that effect that to?

Just because "it works fine" does not mean it is correct. We're pointing out what is causing the problem you are having now, and will continue to have.

resources\assets\test\blockstates etc. is where everything needs to be for forge to find it correctly.

Edited by ModMCdl

2 minutes ago, LinuxMinecrafter234 said:

Your blockstate folder is not inside that test directory.

image.png.f5c3a137ae0f2317ecb7c8790c428d5a.png

Edited by ModMCdl

Post new logs.

[05May2020 14:50:33.312] [Server-Worker-4/WARN] [net.minecraft.client.renderer.model.ModelBakery/]: Exception loading blockstate definition: test:blockstates/plastic_block.json: java.io.FileNotFoundException: test:blockstates/plastic_block.json

Your blockstate file is still in the wrong place or incorrectly named.