[1.15.2] Black shadows in my .obj model

grossik

Hello.

I have multistructure tile entity with .obj model but If multistructure has created the model have black shadows.

black_shadows.png

I tried to change RenderTypeLookup.setRenderLayer but it didn't  solved.

Edited by grossik

Howdy

A couple of things

- it looks like you have multiple faces one on top of the other which is leading to 'z-fighting', https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-fighting

- the 'recommended' version of forge has a bug where the vertex order of faces in obj files doesn't match what vanilla expects for ambient occlusion and leads to strange lighting.  Try latest instead of recommended.

-TGG

16 hours ago, TheGreyGhost said:

Howdy

A couple of things

- it looks like you have multiple faces one on top of the other which is leading to 'z-fighting', https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-fighting

- the 'recommended' version of forge has a bug where the vertex order of faces in obj files doesn't match what vanilla expects for ambient occlusion and leads to strange lighting.  Try latest instead of recommended.

-TGG

I use 1.15.2-31.1.63 forge version

And the problem was that this obj files is too large and render for all 8 blocks... 

Can I change the start position from which it will be loading obj model?

Hi

I think it's better to split your obj file into 8 separate files.

If you really want to load just a small part of one obj file, have a look at OBJLoader and OBJmodel to see how it parses the file (g and o in particular); you can copy it to your own loader class and tweak it if you want to.

TGG

3 minutes ago, TheGreyGhost said:

Hi

I think it's better to split your obj file into 8 separate files.

If you really want to load just a small part of one obj file, have a look at OBJLoader and OBJmodel to see how it parses the file (g and o in particular); you can copy it to your own loader class and tweak it if you want to.

TGG

I wanted it over json, but ok...

Any good way to split a model? Or will I have to do it for each file separately?