Twitch will not launch mods

Marshen

Hello! I have been trying to figure this out for hours now and i decided its just best if I ask for help. Everytime i try to launch a mod through the twitch app I am met with this crash report... "Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
Error: Could not find or load main class E"

I could really use help and please try to explain it as simple as possible and tell me how to fix this :( I am currently trying to play All the Mods 4.

Tysm!

Oh pfft, I misread, my bad.

What's your full configuration with program/vm arguments? It's having trouble finding the main class, which is an issue I've never seen someone have before.

• Like 1

I'm eager to learn and am prone to mistakes. Don't hesitate to tell me how I can improve.

How do i find those? is it in the minecraft launcher?

This is what it says in the launcher log

[19:42:19 FATAL]: Fatal error launching game. Report this to http://bugs.mojang.com please!
java.io.FileNotFoundException: File '/Users/ellagoldberg/Twitch/Minecraft/Install/assets/indexes/1.15.json' does not exist
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.openInputStream(FileUtils.java:299) ~[launcher.jar:1.6.93]
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.readFileToString(FileUtils.java:1711) ~[launcher.jar:1.6.93]
    at net.minecraft.launcher.Launcher.cleanupOrphanedAssets(Launcher.java:298) ~[launcher.jar:1.6.93]
    at net.minecraft.launcher.Launcher.performCleanups(Launcher.java:540) ~[launcher.jar:1.6.93]
    at net.minecraft.launcher.game.MinecraftGameRunner.launchGame(MinecraftGameRunner.java:209) ~[launcher.jar:1.6.93]
    at com.mojang.launcher.game.runner.AbstractGameRunner.onDownloadJobFinished(AbstractGameRunner.java:186) [launcher.jar:1.6.93]
    at com.mojang.launcher.updater.download.DownloadJob.popAndDownload(DownloadJob.java:122) [launcher.jar:1.6.93]
    at com.mojang.launcher.updater.download.DownloadJob.access$000(DownloadJob.java:12) [launcher.jar:1.6.93]
    at com.mojang.launcher.updater.download.DownloadJob$1.run(DownloadJob.java:86) [launcher.jar:1.6.93]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_251]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_251]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_251]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_251]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_251]
[19:42:19 ERROR]: Game ended with bad state (exit code 1)
[19:42:19 INFO]: Ignoring visibility rule and showing launcher due to a game crash
[19:42:19 INFO]: Deleting /Users/ellagoldberg/Twitch/Minecraft/Install/versions/forge-28.2.4/forge-28.2.4-natives-28291594003820

Edited by Marshen

I don't use the Twitch launcher so I'm kind of just winging it here. In your settings for the Twitch launcher, there should be a Minecraft section. Down at the bottom is where I believe the java settings are.

From the sounds of it, I'm skeptical that that's where the problem is, but it's worth checking.

Edit: Ooh, didn't see your stealth edit.

Edited by imacatlolol

I'm eager to learn and am prone to mistakes. Don't hesitate to tell me how I can improve.

Wait i think i figured out the problem. I accidently typed "E" in the Additional Arguments of the java settings. Everytime i try to delete it i change the tab and go back and it is still there.

I dont know how to make it stay deleted

Edited by Marshen

It sounds like there's multiple problems at this point, the error in your edited post is different from the one in your original post.

If you can't get the arguments to stick, look around for a "Repair Minecraft" button somewhere. I don't know where it is, might be on the modpack's page, probably in one of those "..." menus; it should at least fix the FileNotFoundException.