[SOLVED] [1.15.2] Problems with rendering liquid as translucent

OneHotEncoder

I have managed to create a new liquid just fine, it works as expected. The problem is that I'd like for it to be translucent just like water. 

I'm learning by looking at the code for water, and my attempt at making the liquid translucent can be seen below:

public static final Map<Fluid, RenderType> TYPES_BY_FLUID = Util.make(Maps.newHashMap(), (map) -> {
  final RenderType translucent = RenderType.getTranslucent();
  map.put(FluidRegistry.FLOWING_ACID.get(), translucent);
  map.put(FluidRegistry.ACID.get(), translucent);
});
@Mod.EventBusSubscriber(modid = Mod.MOD_ID, bus = Mod.EventBusSubscriber.Bus.MOD, value = Dist.CLIENT)
public class ClientSetup {
  @SubscribeEvent
  public static void clientSetup(final FMLClientSetupEvent event) {
    TYPES_BY_FLUID.forEach(RenderTypeLookup::setRenderLayer);
  }
}

With this code the liquid however becomes invisible instead. I haven't been able to find anything else about how water is rendered so I'm feeling a bit stuck.

Edited by OneHotEncoder
marked post as solved

Solution:

Apparently there was nothing wrong with how I tried to render the fluid. The poblem was my FluidAttributes.Builder

I had naively though that it would be enough to specify the rgb values of the fluid, but you also have to specify the alpha value (specifically set it to 0xff).

Chaning my code from .color(0xa0e67a) to .color(0xffa0e67a) fixed the problem. Holy hell this took hours to find.