Adding ore to tag collection forge/ores

MistaOmega

spacer.png

Hello all! hope you're all staying safe

So, with my limited knowledge of tags, I've attempted to add an ore to the forge/ores itemtag collection, so I can use it in my quarry system
https://github.com/MistaOmega/Opes/blob/master/src/main/java/mistaomega/opes/tiles/TerraEngineTile.java#L88-L95

Those lines are where I attempt to grab the forge/ores, which (theoretically) should include mine, note I do actually get all registered forge ores, yanno, iron and such, just not mine

Here's my resource locations for the tags: https://github.com/MistaOmega/Opes/tree/master/src/main/resources/data/forge/tags

if anyone could lend a helping hand it would be much appreciated, thank you ❤️

• Thanks 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Ok, but you didn't add your block/item to an existing ore tag (eg iron, gold) you created a new ore type (which is fine) but then didn't tell forge that your new ore type was an ore by adding it to the ores.json list (which is what your code is grabbing):

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/blob/1.15.x/src/generated/resources/data/forge/tags/items/ores.json

• Thanks 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.