Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Capability usage across mods

TheGreyGhost

Howdy folks

I'm currently investigating Forge Capabilities and there's one aspect that I haven't figured out yet.

If I want to access a Capability introduced by another mod, how am I supposed to do that?

For inbuilt Capability (such as CapabilityItemHandler) it's no problem, but for anything defined by another mod I can't see an obvious way to access the Capability and its interface (unless of course I include the mod source as a library / dependency).

How is that intended to work?  

-TGG

You use @CapabilityInject to inject the other mod's capability. You can put this annotation on a method too (see the javadocs) and that method will then only be called if the other mod is present.

In that method you can then enable your mod's compatibility features. If you put this method in a separate class that class will never load unless the other mod is present.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, diesieben07 said:

You use @CapabilityInject to inject the other mod's capability. You can put this annotation on a method too (see the javadocs) and that method will then only be called if the other mod is present.

In that method you can then enable your mod's compatibility features. If you put this method in a separate class that class will never load unless the other mod is present.

OK.  So I still need to include that mod's source (or just the jar?) as a library, but if the other mod isn't present then my code will still run (even though the capability interface isn't present).

Could you point me in the direction of a working example?

TGG

1 hour ago, TheGreyGhost said:

OK.  So I still need to include that mod's source (or just the jar?) as a library

Just at build time. You don't need to ship the other mod.

if the other mod isn't present then my code will still run (even though the capability interface isn't present).

You need to "shield" the part of your code that uses the code from the other mod. You cannot reference it from other parts of your code, only from that @CapabilityInject method.

Could you point me in the direction of a working example?

I don't have one, sorry.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• My entity class extends AbstractMinecart and code in it is almost equal to FurnaceMinecart class.    public class Minecart_new extends AbstractMinecart { private static final EntityDataAccessor<Boolean> DATA_ID_FUEL = SynchedEntityData.defineId(MinecartFurnace.class, EntityDataSerializers.BOOLEAN); private int fuel; public double xPush; public double zPush; private static final Ingredient INGREDIENT = Ingredient.of(Items.APPLE, Items.CHARCOAL); public Minecart_new(EntityType<? extends Minecart_new> p_38552_, Level p_38553_) { super(p_38552_, p_38553_); } public AbstractMinecart.Type getMinecartType() { return AbstractMinecart.Type.FURNACE; } @Override protected void defineSynchedData() { super.defineSynchedData(); this.entityData.define(DATA_ID_FUEL, false); } @Override public void tick() { super.tick(); if (!this.level.isClientSide()) { if (this.fuel > 0) { --this.fuel; } if (this.fuel <= 0) { xPush = 0.0D; zPush = 0.0D; } this.setHasFuel(this.fuel > 0); } if (this.hasFuel() && this.random.nextInt(4) == 0) { this.level.addParticle(ParticleTypes.LARGE_SMOKE, this.getX(), this.getY() + 0.8D, this.getZ(), 0.0D, 0.0D, 0.0D); } } @Override protected double getMaxSpeed() { return (this.isInWater() ? 3.0D : 4.0D) / 20.0D; } @Override public float getMaxCartSpeedOnRail() { return 0.2f; } @Override public void destroy(DamageSource p_38560_) { super.destroy(p_38560_); if (!p_38560_.isExplosion() && this.level.getGameRules().getBoolean(GameRules.RULE_DOENTITYDROPS)) { this.spawnAtLocation(Blocks.FURNACE); } } @Override protected void moveAlongTrack(BlockPos p_38569_, BlockState p_38570_) { super.moveAlongTrack(p_38569_, p_38570_); Vec3 vec3 = this.getDeltaMovement(); double d2 = vec3.horizontalDistanceSqr(); double d3 = this.xPush * this.xPush + this.zPush * this.zPush; if (d3 > 1.0E-4D && d2 > 0.001D) { double d4 = Math.sqrt(d2); double d5 = Math.sqrt(d3); this.xPush = vec3.x / d4 * d5; this.zPush = vec3.z / d4 * d5; } } @Override protected void applyNaturalSlowdown() { double d0 = this.xPush * this.xPush + this.zPush * this.zPush; if (d0 > 1.0E-7D) { d0 = Math.sqrt(d0); this.xPush /= d0; this.zPush /= d0; Vec3 vec3 = this.getDeltaMovement().multiply(0.8D, 0.0D, 0.8D).add(this.xPush, 0.0D, this.zPush); if (this.isInWater()) { vec3 = vec3.scale(0.1D); } this.setDeltaMovement(vec3); } else { this.setDeltaMovement(this.getDeltaMovement().multiply(0.98D, 0.0D, 0.98D)); } super.applyNaturalSlowdown(); } @Override public InteractionResult interact(Player p_38562_, InteractionHand p_38563_) { InteractionResult ret = super.interact(p_38562_, p_38563_); if (ret.consumesAction()) return ret; ItemStack itemstack = p_38562_.getItemInHand(p_38563_); if (INGREDIENT.test(itemstack) && this.fuel+ 3600 <= 32000) { if (!p_38562_.getAbilities().instabuild) { itemstack.shrink(1); } this.fuel += 3600; } if (this.fuel > 0) { this.xPush = -(this.getX() - p_38562_.getX()); this.zPush = -(this.getZ() - p_38562_.getZ()); } return InteractionResult.sidedSuccess(this.level.isClientSide); } @Override protected void addAdditionalSaveData(CompoundTag p_38567_) { super.addAdditionalSaveData(p_38567_); p_38567_.putDouble("PushX", this.xPush); p_38567_.putDouble("PushZ", this.zPush); p_38567_.putShort("Fuel", (short)this.fuel); } @Override protected void readAdditionalSaveData(CompoundTag p_38565_) { super.readAdditionalSaveData(p_38565_); this.xPush = p_38565_.getDouble("PushX"); this.zPush = p_38565_.getDouble("PushZ"); this.fuel = p_38565_.getShort("Fuel"); } protected boolean hasFuel() { return this.entityData.get(DATA_ID_FUEL); } protected void setHasFuel(boolean p_38577_) { this.entityData.set(DATA_ID_FUEL, p_38577_); } @Override public BlockState getDefaultDisplayBlockState() { return Blocks.FURNACE.defaultBlockState().setValue(FurnaceBlock.FACING, Direction.NORTH).setValue(FurnaceBlock.LIT, Boolean.valueOf(this.hasFuel())); } ///////// @Override public ItemStack getPickResult() { Item item = ItemInit.MINECARTNEW_ITEM.get(); return new ItemStack(item); } } Registration of entity. public class EntityInit { private EntityInit() {} public static final DeferredRegister<EntityType<?>> ENTITIES = DeferredRegister.create(ForgeRegistries.ENTITIES, minecart.MOD_ID); public static final RegistryObject<EntityType<Minecart_new>> MINECART_ENTITY = ENTITIES.register("minecart_new", () -> EntityType.Builder.of(Minecart_new::new, MobCategory.MISC).sized(0.98F, 0.7F) .build(new ResourceLocation(minecart.MOD_ID,"minecart_new").toString())); }  
    • https://github.com/Kiwilis/simple-automation There's not much there yet, because this project isn't even a week old and I don't have a lot of time to work on it.
    • show your Entity class and your registration 
    • Hi. I have a custom entity minecart_new and I can summon it in minecraft by typing /summon minecart:minecart_new. How can I imitate this command via forge? What code should I write?  In minecraft I want it to be as follows: when player right click on custom item then command /summon minecart:minecart_new should be imitated.  So my code now is  @SubscribeEvent public void minecartItemRightClick(RightClickItem event) { if (event.getItemStack().getItem() == ItemInit.MINECARTNEW_ITEM.get()) { //imitate /summon minecart:minecart_new } } Event hooking works fine I think. What should I type instead of //imitate /summon minecart:minecart_new? Thanks in advance!
    • User was banned for piracy. Buy the game.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.