[1.12.x] Setting Up the mod

BeerHuntor

OK, so I am attempting to make my first mod, however Im falling at the first hurdle, and not sure if its becasue things have changed and not been updated, or there is actually a problem with this version. 

I am following the steps on here: https://mcforge.readthedocs.io/en/1.12.x/gettingstarted/

I have tried both the command line, and via terminal-less inteliJ installation... and I cannot get setupDecompileWorkspace to work.. In the terminal I get the error: Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 5.0. But when trying see the version, it says im trying to use 4.9.  
And with the terminal-less install the 'setupDecompileWorkspace' task is not there in the 'forgegradle' task group.

I know this was changed to not be needed, in, correct me if I am wrong, from 1.13 onwards.  But I am trying to make a 1.12 mod.  Will the mod work just fine without this step in 1.12 if that is the case?

Thanks

1.12 is no longer supported due to age.

Please update to a modern version to receive support (I suggest the latest, esp. with 1.16.1 on the way).

More information on supported versions can be found in the LTS link at the top of every page.

9 minutes ago, BeerHuntor said:

As I said, I am making one in 1.12... I need this version.  All I am asking for is if this needs the setupDecompileWorkspace to run or not?

As 1.12 is no longer supported, those of us here who no longer use 1.12 no longer know.

That's why its not supported.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

So a blank refusal becasue im using an older mod.. Thanks guys.. Appreciated..

ALSO if the version is NOT SUPPORTED... maybe a great idea to remove all the documentation regarding  this version?? you know... save some hassle...

Edited by BeerHuntor

Its literally at the top of every page in a blue banner:

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

• Guest locked this topic