[1.14.4] Mod does not work on a server

Eisenpaulchen

I am writing a mod and wanted to test it on a server, but it prevents other players from joining. I can not really get something out of the exception since it is just a nullpointer with no clue where it is thrown.

What I did to test it was to start a Lan-World in eclipse and tried to join from a real client that had the same version of the mod.

I deleted the file scans in the debugServer.log to make the file smal enough.

If someone has an Idea of what I did wrong pls help me out.

debugClient.log latestServer.log latestClient.log

debugServer.log

Edited by Eisenpaulchen

[26Jun2020 14:45:15.913] [Server thread/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.common.loot.LootModifierManager/]: Couldn't read global loot modifier list from forge:loot_modifiers/global_loot_modifiers.json
java.io.FileNotFoundException: forge:loot_modifiers/global_loot_modifiers.json

I'm not sure how you managed this, honestly.

[26Jun2020 14:45:06.822] [Server-Worker-1/WARN] [net.minecraft.client.renderer.model.ModelBakery/]: Unable to resolve texture reference: #missing in magiccards:item/cardtableitem
[26Jun2020 14:45:06.823] [Server-Worker-1/WARN] [net.minecraft.client.renderer.model.ModelBakery/]: Unable to resolve texture reference: #missing in magiccards:block/cardtable

You should probably fix these.

Not the cause of your crash, that appears to have been a null pointer exception in the networking thread, but I can't discern why.

You also haven't posted your code either. Soo...

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Yes. Preferably as a clonable git repo.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

I will take this as an motivation to look deeper into the eclipse debugger and its functionalities. Still thank you helping me even though I am apparently stupid :). (I just did not knew I could achieve more detailed Informations since in the past the IDE printed the stacktrace without extra work)

Edited by Eisenpaulchen