how to open GUI or Network mod

fhntv24

you should have some methods like the following:

to open the GUI you should have something like this:

@Override
public boolean onBlockActivated(World world, int x, int y, int z,
	EntityPlayer player, int par6, float par7, float par8, float par9)
{
	TileEntity tileEntity = world.getBlockTileEntity(x, y, z);

if (tileEntity == null || player.isSneaking())
	{
		return false;
	}

player.openGui(MTech.instance, 0, world, x, y, z);
	return true;
}

GUI handler:

should be something like this: https://github.com/Yagoki/MTech/blob/master/MTech/mtech/handler/gui/MyGuiHandler.java

The get server GUI element returns false due to the fact none of my blocks have a container (no inventory slots).

Also in your main mod file (with all the annotations) make sure there is something lie this line in one of the init methods

NetworkRegistry.instance().registerGuiHandler(instance, new MyGuiHandler());

all of my source code is on github(https://github.com/Yagoki/MTech/) if you want to look through it if you still can't figure it out. (also if you still cant figure it out, there is a tutorial on the wiki which is still quite good, if you can get on there, i seem to be having some trouble with that at the moment). If you get stuck with anything else just say (once you've given it a good shot trying to solve it yourself)

Hope all that's useful to you

You need to return the container on the server side

Trust me, I very much do not need to, The block has no, and needs no container. I was submitting this as an example to the topic starter on how to do this properly. A container is only needed when the block ether stores items or has inventory slots (e.g. a chest or anvil). If the block does not need this, there is no requirement for the container, so null can be passed to the server GUI element.

If this didn't work, then my GUI wouldn't work which I can assure you it does.

work's

www.apostropheabuse.com

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

work's

www.apostropheabuse.com

Not if they're obviously foreign... What we need on this forum is a "native language" field by the profile box.

I can't find any foreign language that uses apostrophes to denote a plural word.  In fact, I can only find evidence to the reverse: native English speakers using an apostrophe to denote foreign plurals.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

work's

www.apostropheabuse.com

Not if they're obviously foreign... What we need on this forum is a "native language" field by the profile box.

I can't find any foreign language that uses apostrophes to denote a plural word.  In fact, I can only find evidence to the reverse: native English speakers using an apostrophe to denote foreign plurals.

Not that; more like a Google Translate fail or a "I duznt understand Inglish".

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.

Not that; more like a Google Translate fail or a "I duznt understand Inglish".

Oh yeah, well that I give people passes for.