Exploding block without entities

freshhh

I want to make a block that when stepped on or right clicked it will explode instantly, however this block is a block and not an entity, and yet I have not found out how to create an explosion in a Block class. Could somebody help me out with this ? Will I have to make the block spawn an entity or is there another simpler way ?

world.createExplosion(x,y,z, radius)

You will almost certainly have access to the world at the point in your block that you're trying to get this to happen.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

You will almost certainly have access to the world at the point in your block that you're trying to get this to happen.

I tried but I cannot find such command.

public boolean onBlockActivated(World worldObj, int x, int y, int z, EntityPlayer par5EntityPlayer, int par6, float par7, float par8, float par9) {

}

Do you, or do you not, have a World as one of your parameters?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

I tried but I cannot find such command.

package mod.Archedeon;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.world.demo.*;
import net.minecraft.block.material.Material;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.IconRegister;
import net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs;
import net.minecraft.entity.Entity;
import net.minecraft.world.World;

public class DamagingBlock extends Block{
private String location;

public DamagingBlock(int id, Material material,String location) {
	super(id, material);

this.location = location;
	setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabBlock);
}

public void registerIcon(IconRegister iconReg){
	blockIcon = iconReg.registerIcon(location);
}
    public void onEntityWalking(World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4, Entity par5Entity)
    {
        this.glow(par1World, par2, par3, par4);
        super.onEntityWalking(par1World, par2, par3, par4, par5Entity);
    }

}

here's the code, just for the record, I know this.glow should be changed but I thought I'd just change it back for now, this is actualy a set of code from the redstone Ore.

public boolean onBlockActivated(World worldObj, int x, int y, int z, EntityPlayer par5EntityPlayer, int par6, float par7, float par8, float par9) {

}

Do you, or do you not, have a World as one of your parameters?

public void onEntityWalking(World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4, Entity par5Entity)

{

}

*Cough*

{

}

*Cough*

Oh wow, I'm retarded for not noticing lol, anyways thanks.

Somehow after I resummed this project my parameters bugged, this is really weird as it worked before, I'm not sure if I editted something that I shouldn't have edited.

worldObj.createExplosion(worldObj, par2, par4, par6, par8, par9)
}

I get errors at par2 and par4, I'm unable to figure out how to solve this.

Somehow after I resummed this project my parameters bugged, this is really weird as it worked before, I'm not sure if I editted something that I shouldn't have edited.

worldObj.createExplosion(worldObj, par2, par4, par6, par8, par9)
}

I get errors at par2 and par4, I'm unable to figure out how to solve this.

What are par2, and par4 supposed to do?

(Also, par6 is wrong for the same reason)

Well, I got this now :

public boolean onBlockActivated(World worldObj, int posX, int posY, int posZ) {
	worldObj.createExplosion(this, posX, posY, posZ, 3F);
}

Excuse me if I am annoying to any of you, I'm new to modding and parameters always make me cry.

• 2 weeks later...
It just doesn't work for me.

yo fresh my mod doesnt work fix it!

no srly if you want us to help, explain whats happening, is there just straight up nothing happening.

i noticed that my version of "onBlockActivate" has way more parameter. maybe its just cuz they changed it (im still in 151) but i doubt thats the case

is there any error coming up.

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

because for me in my block class

@Override
public boolean onBlockActivated(World world, int x, int y, int z,
		EntityPlayer player, int a, float b, float c, float d) {
	world.createExplosion(null, x, y, z, 5, true);
	return true;
}

this works perfectly

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

Whoops, a line break f*cked up my parsing of a code segment.  Ignore this.

Thanks, this all works now and I managed to remove teh block after an explosion, my next question was ? What's the line to spawn a certain block on that place ? Can't seem to find such command to be honest.

you mean world.setBlock(...) ?

Thanks, this all works now and I managed to remove teh block after an explosion, my next question was ? What's the line to spawn a certain block on that place ? Can't seem to find such command to be honest.

you mean world.setBlock(...) ?

Yup, this worked - thanks alot man!