Forge Shader Loader Mod

lionwarrior

Forge is great with Optifine for shades and performance. Forge should either buy the rights to Optifine, or make their own version of a shader loader mod. The reason for this is while Forge comes up with an update several days after a minecraft update is released, you will be lucky if six months later Optifine uploads a beta version that is compatible for the same version as forge. I hate having to wait several months to enjuoy the new minecraft update, I just want a working shader mod. Even if Forge makes one that is simple and not nearly as good as Optifine, I would still appreciate it becasue I just want my realistic texture/shaders. Please consider this idea, thank you!

No, we will not "buy the rights" to anything like that. The game/code doesn't work like that.

If someone wants to come along and write a public simple shader mod they should go ahead and do it.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2020 at 10:55 PM, lionwarrior said:

hate having to wait several months to enjuoy the new minecraft update, I just want a working shader mod

There is a reason this is taking so long. The Minecraft Code is changing permanently... And Optifine needs to adapt to these changes. This is a lot of work.

You could decompile Optifine and edit it for personal use for newer Versions.

Optifine is actually pretty fast in updating... Just click on "Previous Versions" and there you have the preview builds.

I also recommend following this unofficial Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/OptiFineNews

It would be better not to include Optifine in Forge because it can cause serious problems with some mods.

Java ❤️ | Owner of MaschinenMC.net | Development Administrator at Cafestu.be | Austria 😍