Glass connected textures

megabitus

Not easily.

Essentially you need to figure out how to specify a different icon based on surrounding blocks.  The existing class functions don't allow for that.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

You would need to make a custom renderer for your glass block that draws each face of the block itself. It will get passed world data and can use this to decide which textures to use. While this would not be obscenely difficult and you could probably do it in a day if you knew hot to make a renderer already etc, Draco is right. Not easily.

Read my thoughts on my summer mod work and tell me what you think!

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,8396.0.html

I absolutely love her when she smiles

You also need something like 47 individual texture files, based on what I've seen from a "connected textures for texture pack creators" thing.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

You would only need 16 textures. 1 for no connections, 4 for one connection on each of the 4 sides of a block, 6 for 2 connections, 4 for 3 connections, and 1 for 4 connections. I kind of want to do this now just to see how well it would work. I don't imagine I'm missing anything.

You would only need 16 textures. 1 for no connections, 4 for one connection on each of the 4 sides of a block, 6 for 2 connections, 4 for 3 connections, and 1 for 4 connections. I kind of want to do this now just to see how well it would work. I don't imagine I'm missing anything.

You forgot the diagonals.

#

##

Will have a different connected texture on the lower left block than the same block with this configuration:

##

##

y2uIZe.png

You are completely right. That makes sense. Well, alternatively you could use 2 textures, one for fully connected and one for fully independent, then use the appropriate parts of each texture when drawing textures in your renderer. It would mean doing extra work selecting out the bits from each texture to draw from, but it wouldn't be too awful either. The only problem I might foresee is if there are texture stitching lines, where there is a faint white line where the 2 textures are meeting that would point out where the textures meet.