[1.16.1] [Solved] Help with new Dimension system

Budschie

Hello.

In the next few weeks, I'll try to

update my deepnether mod to forge version 1.16.1.

I'm also trying to partially rewrite my biome provider and chunk generator.

But it seems that some classes changed (for example ModDimension, Dimension).

Also, the way I used to register the dimensions doesn't work anymore.

Furthermore, when can I expect that the mappings are being updated, and is there a list of things that changed for minecraft modders?

Thanks for any answers.

Edited by Budschie

2 minutes ago, Budschie said:

But it seems that some classes changed (for example ModDimension, Dimension).

This is still being worked on, so even if you cobble something together, there's a good chance it would break in the coming days/weeks while a dimension registration setup is designed/implemented.

3 minutes ago, Budschie said:

Furthermore, when can I expect that the mappings are being updated, and is there a list of things that changed for minecraft modders?

At the moment, from what I understand, there is only 1 very busy person that has the ability to do mappings stuff, so best thing is to just be patient, and they'll get updated eventually. There is a new system in the works that should make it much easier to update mappings, but again, people working on this for free when they have time, so we have to be patient. :)

As 1.16.1 is still being worked on quite a bit, bugs being found/fixed, etc., there's not a definitive list of changes yet, I'm sure once things settle down, there will be. If you want bleeding edge info and discussion on the new version, I would suggest visiting the forge discord and seeing what's being discussed there.

• Thanks 1

• Budschie changed the title to [1.16.1] [Solved] Help with new Dimension system
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I also have a problem about the new dimension system.

Before 1.16, it was possible to calculate the celestial angle into the WorldProvider using CalculateCelestialAngle().

But now, it's only possible to set a specific and unchangeable hour into the dimension .json files.

Or, I want to calculate the celestial angle with a formula including world.getworldtime to get a longer (or shorter) day/night cycle, but it's impossible to import this kind of values into a .json.

It worked before 1.16, but now I don't know how to do this.

Any ideas?

PS: This was the code used in 1.15 and before:

@Override

public float calculateCelestialAngle (long worldTime, float partialTicks) {

return (world.getWorldTime () / (1.0F / 24.0F) - 6000.0F) / 24000.0F;

}