[1.15.2] Custom recipes, ore doubling.

MistaOmega

Hello all! :D

spacer.png

So, today I have a question regarding making custom recipes, and using said recipes in a custom tile entity.

So I had ago at making a recipe, I have a default recipe that extends IRecipe, and an IRecipeType class that extends that recipe class to (OpesRecipe and OpesRecipeType respectively)

I also have an Itemstack to Itemstack recipe class, as in case I use something like fluids in the future, this may be a good idea

The question is now, where do I go from here, I feel like I'm missing something and am not sure what to do next so if you could tell me where to go from here, this would be much appreciated, if not at least a gentle nudge in the right direction

I'm trying to make this grinder compatable with other grindable ore types too, so any assitance in that matter will also be greatly appreciated, so will any explanations of what's going on when a recipe is used, and called for by a tile,  I tried finding documentation as understanding how vanilla does it would help, but to no avail

My recipe based code is all here: https://www.github.com/MistaOmega/Opes/tree/master/src%2Fmain%2Fjava%2Fmistaomega%2Fopes%2Frecipes

Thank you all, love you long time

~Omega x

Edited by MistaOmega
Did I link to my code? Of course I didn't...

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the way you programmed it. You're implementing IRecipeType on a class (which makes no sense), not creating a serializer, and just not registering it anywhere.

So, let's break it down.

All recipes that hook into IRecipe have three things:

- A class that implements IRecipe<T> (most likely T will be RecipeWrapper if you are using IItemHandler over IInventory which YOU SHOULD BE)

- A class that extends ForgeRegistryEntry<IRecipeSerializer<V>> and implements IRecipeSerialier<V> (V is your class that extends IRecipe<T>)

- A variable holding your IRecipeType<V> (statically initialized through IRecipeType#register should be fine).

Let's start with IRecipeType. This just basically holds a string that will create a new map entry within RecipeManager for any recipe with that specific type. The string held within the registry should be your mod id appended with whatever you are going to call it.

Next, let's go into IRecipe. All IRecipes should have a constructor that takes in a ResourceLocation, a String group (if you are going to use the RecipeBook), an Ingredient (NBTIngredient if you want to use NBT data), and ItemStack output. Note, it doesn't have to be an ingredient or itemstack, that's just the case most people use it for. Then we have the methods:

- matches: checks to see if your recipe matches with the ones stored (will use Ingredient#test)

- getRecipeOutput: the output of your recipe with no information provided beforehand (will be your result)

- getCraftingResult: the output of your recipe with context (will be your result followed by ItemStack#copy)

- canFit: checks to see if your recipe can fit in the required space

- getId: the ResourceLocation of your recipe

- getType: the IRecipeType your recipe should be stored in

- getSerializer: the IRecipeSerializer used to read and write your recipe.

Then we have the IRecipeSerializer. This will be registered within your code via RegistryEvent or DeferredRegister. This has three main methods:

- read: reads the data from a JsonObject and returns an instance of your recipe (json file stored in datapack)

- read: reads the data from a PacketBuffer and returns an instance of your recipe (server/client packet sending)

- write: reads the data from your instance to a packet buffer (server/client packet sending)

These methods can be observed in all recipe classes (e.g. ShapedRecipe, AbstractCookingRecipe, SingleItemRecipe)

Once you start to create your json files (same place as all the other recipes), the type is handled by what the IRecipeSerializer is registered under (modid:object_name).

And that's basically it. Hope this helps. If you want an example, I wrote a basic recipe and serializer for blenders a while back.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the way you programmed it. You're implementing IRecipeType on a class (which makes no sense), not creating a serializer, and just not registering it anywhere.

So, let's break it down.

All recipes that hook into IRecipe have three things:

- A class that implements IRecipe<T> (most likely T will be RecipeWrapper if you are using IItemHandler over IInventory which YOU SHOULD BE)

- A class that extends ForgeRegistryEntry<IRecipeSerializer<V>> and implements IRecipeSerialier<V> (V is your class that extends IRecipe<T>)

- A variable holding your IRecipeType<V> (statically initialized through IRecipeType#register should be fine).

Let's start with IRecipeType. This just basically holds a string that will create a new map entry within RecipeManager for any recipe with that specific type. The string held within the registry should be your mod id appended with whatever you are going to call it.

Next, let's go into IRecipe. All IRecipes should have a constructor that takes in a ResourceLocation, a String group (if you are going to use the RecipeBook), an Ingredient (NBTIngredient if you want to use NBT data), and ItemStack output. Note, it doesn't have to be an ingredient or itemstack, that's just the case most people use it for. Then we have the methods:

- matches: checks to see if your recipe matches with the ones stored (will use Ingredient#test)

- getRecipeOutput: the output of your recipe with no information provided beforehand (will be your result)

- getCraftingResult: the output of your recipe with context (will be your result followed by ItemStack#copy)

- canFit: checks to see if your recipe can fit in the required space

- getId: the ResourceLocation of your recipe

- getType: the IRecipeType your recipe should be stored in

- getSerializer: the IRecipeSerializer used to read and write your recipe.

Then we have the IRecipeSerializer. This will be registered within your code via RegistryEvent or DeferredRegister. This has three main methods:

- read: reads the data from a JsonObject and returns an instance of your recipe (json file stored in datapack)

- read: reads the data from a PacketBuffer and returns an instance of your recipe (server/client packet sending)

- write: reads the data from your instance to a packet buffer (server/client packet sending)

These methods can be observed in all recipe classes (e.g. ShapedRecipe, AbstractCookingRecipe, SingleItemRecipe)

Once you start to create your json files (same place as all the other recipes), the type is handled by what the IRecipeSerializer is registered under (modid:object_name).

And that's basically it. Hope this helps. If you want an example, I wrote a basic recipe and serializer for blenders a while back.

I'll look into it thank you for the help 😊

I was extending the recipe type interface anf giving it the recipe type as an instance of my Opes Recipe class, but that implements I inventory which is a no go, so I'll rework all that to fit better, also had no idea how to register recipes, so I'll make sure to do that, and whoops, didn't upload my serializer class... 

Thank you again 😂

Edited by MistaOmega