Could not serialize

NightmareKP

Hello, i found some topics for problems like this, but all the topics i found where missing an solution or where just dead. Maybe there is already an answer somewhere but i was not able to find it. sorry in that case

Server Version:

Minecraft: 1.16.1

Forge 32.0.63

Forge Client Version: 32.0.43 (Client is now on the same Version with same Errors)

Mods: Atm no mods. There was Simple Farming on the server before the update on 1.16.1.

I'm getting too many Errors like this here on the Server:

[12Jul2020 10:41:20.953] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.entity.ai.attributes.AttributeModifierManager/]: Ignoring unknown attribute 'forge.swimSpeed'
[12Jul2020 10:41:20.954] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.entity.ai.attributes.AttributeModifierManager/]: Ignoring unknown attribute 'forge.nameTagDistance'
[12Jul2020 10:41:20.954] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.entity.ai.attributes.AttributeModifierManager/]: Ignoring unknown attribute 'forge.entity_gravity'
[12Jul2020 10:41:20.954] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.entity.ai.attributes.AttributeModifierManager/]: Ignoring unknown attribute 'forge.swimSpeed'
[12Jul2020 10:41:20.954] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.entity.ai.attributes.AttributeModifierManager/]: Ignoring unknown attribute 'forge.nameTagDistance'
[12Jul2020 10:41:20.954] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.entity.ai.attributes.AttributeModifierManager/]: Ignoring unknown attribute 'forge.entity_gravity'
[12Jul2020 10:41:20.955] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.entity.ai.attributes.AttributeModifierManager/]: Ignoring unknown attribute 'forge.swimSpeed'

or

[12Jul2020 10:27:51.833] [Netty Epoll Server IO #9/ERROR] [net.minecraft.command.arguments.ArgumentTypes/]: Could not serialize net.minecraftforge.server.command.ModIdArgument@3e17adc9 (class net.minecraftforge.server.command.ModIdArgument) - will not be sent to client!
[12Jul2020 10:27:51.833] [Netty Epoll Server IO #9/ERROR] [net.minecraft.command.arguments.ArgumentTypes/]: Could not serialize net.minecraftforge.server.command.EnumArgument@5ad3d405 (class net.minecraftforge.server.command.EnumArgument) - will not be sent to client!
[12Jul2020 10:28:50.881] [Netty Epoll Server IO #9/ERROR] [net.minecraft.command.arguments.ArgumentTypes/]: Could not serialize net.minecraftforge.server.command.ModIdArgument@3e17adc9 (class net.minecraftforge.server.command.ModIdArgument) - will not be sent to client!
[12Jul2020 10:28:50.881] [Netty Epoll Server IO #9/ERROR] [net.minecraft.command.arguments.ArgumentTypes/]: Could not serialize net.minecraftforge.server.command.EnumArgument@5ad3d405 (class net.minecraftforge.server.command.EnumArgument) - will not be sent to client!

What is the problem and what can i do about that?

Logs:

Server Log

Server Debug

Client Log

Client Debug

Edited by NightmareKP

The warnings about unknown attributes can be ignored; Minecraft 1.16 changed how entity attributes are identified, bringing them more in line with resource locations (1.15.2: "forge.swimSpeed" is in 1.16: "forge:swim_speed"). This occurs when loading a Forge world from pre1.16, since Forge doesn't have datafixers to automatically fix those attributes, as far as I know. (Forge doesn't have datafixers for those because DataFixerUpper is very theory-heavy, and requires time investment to translate between versions, which is hard for a volunteer- and community-driven project, as opposed to Mojang, a company with salaried employees)

The errors about serialization of arguments can also be ignored. One of Forge's goals is interoperability with vanilla: Forge clients can connect to vanilla servers, and vanilla clients can connect to Forge servers. The errors occur because Forge doesn't serialize the arguments to be sent to clients; if the clients were vanilla, then sending those command arguments to the client can confuse it and may cause issues and crashes. (If you're thinking, "Why not only check if it's a Forge client?", because that would require changing the Brigadier library, which would be another can of worms.)

TL;DR: First batch of errors because you updated an old world, second batch of errors is because Forge likes to support connecting to vanilla clients/server.

Hmhm, ok. So just annoying to see it in the logs. Thanks for the quick reply here.

But what also confused me, is the crash @ the end of the log. It's the second crash of this type and the first was also after that player joined the server. He used a Vanilla Client. Some sort of connection there in the newest forge build?

[12Jul2020 11:41:30.808] [Server Watchdog/FATAL] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.ServerHangWatchdog/]: A single server tick took 60.00 seconds (should be max 0.05)
[12Jul2020 11:40:30.784] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.network.login.ServerLoginNetHandler/]: com.mojang.authlib.GameProfile@56a50628[id=42bcc861-7f58-4984-8995-495209e4a410,name=Brabrax,properties={textures=[com.mojang.authlib.properties.Property@59346a25]},legacy=false] (/84.130.78.183:61989) lost connection: Disconnected
[12Jul2020 11:40:01.260] [User Authenticator #13/INFO] [net.minecraft.network.login.ServerLoginNetHandler/]: UUID of player Brabrax is 42bcc861-7f58-4984-8995-495209e4a410
[12Jul2020 12:54:59.623] [Server Watchdog/FATAL] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.ServerHangWatchdog/]: Considering it to be crashed, server will forcibly shutdown.
[12Jul2020 12:54:59.624] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer/]: Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 4468816ms or 89376 ticks behind

That part there. The server has considered himself as to be crashed and conducted a forced shutdown. I don't get why because its totally out of the blue.

Ah, didn't see it at first since it's very hidden amongst non-highlighted log entries.

Hm, something must be causing the server to not process ticks correctly. (The ServerHangWatchdog, as you may have guessed, watches the server for hangs, and kills it after 60s without ticking)

I'll try and investiage the issue, if I can reproduce it. Can you please try starting the Forge server again, and have the first connection to it be a vanilla client? Just to test if you can reproduce the issue cleanly.

Something must reason the server to not process ticks effectively. The ServerHangWatchdog, as you may have speculated, watches the server for hangs, and murders it after 60s without ticking I'll attempt and investiage the issue, on the off chance that I can duplicate it. Would you be able to please take a stab at beginning the Forge server once more, and have the main association with it be a vanilla customer? Just to test on the off chance that you can duplicate the issue neatly.

I can do that. But honestly i don't think anymore that it is is a Vanilla Client related problem. First it looked like it because there was a correlation with a Vanilla client, but at the time of the crash yesterday, it was only me who was online and i have a forge client. But i will test it anyway. :)