[1.15.2] Custom Villages

KINØ

So I made a custom entity, I have it behave akin to a villager, and have finally set it up to behave like a trader and all that mess. Now I'm wondering how I should go about creating custom villages that said entities can link themselves to and well just behave like vanilla villagers essentially. Does anyone have info on how I'd go about doing this? I know mods such as MCA and Millénaire have achieved similar things.

I have tried looking at the javadocs and it it seems even messier than the initial trader code. Any direction to just analyze that would be helpful if nobody knows how to implement what I'm asking.

Edited by KINØ

15 hours ago, Dzuchun said:

If you're talking about AI, looking at net.minecraft.entity.ai.brain.schedule.Schedule class may help you. Can't help more.

Not really, I was more so asking how I would go about creating an entity that acts like a villager in that it stays to village boundaries and has a reputation system akin to the vanilla villagers

It's a pretty complicated system to set up a custom village, but definitely do-able.

The current Minecraft villages are created using a "Jigsaw" system. In order to do anything with custom villages, you need to understand how these function. This video is a really good explanation of the system, make sure to watch the whole thing. It's from 1.14, but for the most part the Jigsaw system hasn't changed much since then.

The 1.15.2 mod "The Farlanders", which creates custom villages, has all of their code available on Github, so if you were to use that code as well as vanilla village files as reference, then you'd be in a pretty good spot.

Not much more documentation exists out there regarding doing something like this, so past everything I've given you, there isn't much else available that can guide you in the process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1