(1.16.1) How to add another texture layer to chestplate

iSyriux

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

42 minutes ago, iSyriux said:

Also, what do I return instead of null?

...something that isn't null!?

42 minutes ago, iSyriux said:

What does having different lines of code doing the same thing have to do with the armour not rendering correctly?

Nothing, its just completely useless redundant code that makes it clear that you have no idea what the fuck you're doing.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Obviously. The method expects something to be returned. It even tells you what it expects.

And you're not giving it that thing.

That's not how generics work.

This works:

public List<Article> {
  return articles;
}

because of this (not shown):

private List<Article> articles = new List<Article>();

Not because this:

public List<FooBar> {
  return foobar; //return "foobar" because FooBar is inside <>!
}

The "thing inside the angle brackets" is a generic. List<T> is a list of things that are Type T. What is T? Whatever you want it to be.
<A extends ModelBiped> is a Type A (and extends ModelBiped). You need to return some object that is of Type A.

Well...of course not, the default chestplate model doesn't have the layer you want to add.

On 9/5/2020 at 5:41 PM, Draco18s said:

<A extends ModelBiped> is a Type A (and extends ModelBiped). You need to return some object that is of Type A.

29 minutes ago, iSyriux said:

I don't know what is type A. I Apologise if my questions seem redundant or moronic, I am quite new to minecraft modding.

It's a generic type. The code tells you what matches it.

<A extends ModelBiped>