[1.15.2] Custom Shaped Recipe

_SirWeffington_

I am trying to write my own mod that adds a few useful recipes to the game, but I can't figure out how to add the enchanted book recipes  (with enchantments on them).  I thought that I can add this recipe to the game using JSON file, but it does not support this feature. 

Are there any ways to add this recipe to the game. I am new to coding minecraft mods, so sorry for this question in advance. Any help is welcome and, if possible, with examples.

Thanks.

Write your own IRecipe implementation.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

To actually shape the recipe, you need to set items to x and y. Then, you can do something like this:

xxx

y

y

• Confused 2

38 minutes ago, yoiinked said:

To actually shape the recipe, you need to set items to x and y. 

This has nothing to do with the question at hand.

On 7/21/2020 at 8:01 PM, _SirWeffington_ said:

I can't figure out how to add the enchanted book recipes  (with enchantments on them).

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

On 7/21/2020 at 9:03 PM, Draco18s said:

Write your own IRecipe implementation.

I'm gonna disagree here. If you are creating crafting recipes, it is in fact supported by forge. However, only on the result (which is what I'm assuming you are doing). You should only create a custom implementation if your ingredients hold any nbt data or creating your own crafting system.

Edited by ChampionAsh5357

On 7/24/2020 at 10:12 PM, ChampionAsh5357 said:

I'm gonna disagree here. If you are creating crafting recipes, it is in fact supported by forge. However, only on the result (which is what I'm assuming you are doing). You should only create a custom implementation if your ingredients hold any nbt data or creating your own crafting system.

This is exactly what I need. I didn't know that this feature is supported by forge. How can I make it work?

10 hours ago, _SirWeffington_ said:

I am a little familiar with NBT objects, but I don't know how to make that object hold the enchantment. Could you please help me here?

1) run the game in debug mode.

2) make an item on an anvil (in-game, using books) in creative mode.

3) then toss it (Q key, just drop it).

4) then catch that with a break point in an event:

@SubscribeEvent
	public static void OnItemToss(ItemTossEvent event)
	{
		sys.out.println("breakpoint here");
	}

5) then examine the tag record inside the item object. all of the enchantment data is inside the NBT tag structure. you need to replicate what you see when creating an output itemstack in your recipe.