EnumHelper AddToolMaterial [Forge 1.5.2]

fauxiss

Im having some trouble adding tool materials to minecraft's EnumToolMaterial Class. Currently I am defining the material under @sidedproxy in the main mod class.

package fauxiss.refinedtools;

import net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs;
import net.minecraft.item.EnumToolMaterial;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.Mod;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.Mod.Init;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.Mod.Instance;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.Mod.PostInit;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.Mod.PreInit;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.SidedProxy;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.event.FMLInitializationEvent;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.event.FMLPostInitializationEvent;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.event.FMLPreInitializationEvent;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkMod;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.LanguageRegistry;
import net.minecraftforge.common.EnumHelper;

@Mod(modid="RefinedTools", name="Refined Tools", version="0.0.1")
@NetworkMod(clientSideRequired=true, serverSideRequired=false)
public class mod_refinedtools {

// Says where the client and server 'proxy' code is loaded.
        @SidedProxy(clientSide="fauxiss.refinedtools.client.ClientProxy", serverSide="fauxiss.refinedtools.CommonProxy")
        public static CommonProxy proxy;
        public static RTCreativeTab tabRefinedTools = new RTCreativeTab();
        public static final EnumToolMaterial RTIRON = EnumHelper.addToolMaterial("RTIRON", 2, 512, 6.0F, 2, 15); 
        public static final EnumToolMaterial RTGOLD = EnumHelper.addToolMaterial("RTGOLD", 1, 128, 2.0F, 1, 10); 
        public static final EnumToolMaterial RTLAPIS = EnumHelper.addToolMaterial("RTLAPIS", 3, 512, 4.0F, 2, 15); 

But when I try add a tool with the new material I get an error line under the defined material, in this case RTIRON, RTGOLD and RTLAPIS.

public static ItemSword RefinedIronSword = (new ItemSword(RTConfig.RefinedIronSwordToolID, EnumToolMaterial.RTIRON));
public static ItemSword RefinedGoldSword = (new ItemSword(RTConfig.RefinedGoldSwordToolID, EnumToolMaterial.RTGOLD));
public static ItemSword RefinedLapisSword = (new ItemSword(RTConfig.RefinedLapisSwordToolID, EnumToolMaterial.RTLAPIS));

There is nothing wrong with the code pulling the correct ID so I assume its a problem with EnumHelper.

The EnumHelper doesn't add the variable to the EnumToolMaterial enum class, instead it adds it's values, makes it recognize them.

You need to reference to your own variables in your mod_ class instead in the EnumToolMaterial.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

ok, so im new to programming. How and where do i do that?

Starting programming with modding Minecraft is usually bad, just saying.

Anyway, change this:

EnumToolMaterial.RTIRON

to this:

mod_refinedtools.RTIRON

Do this for the other 2.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.