ThrowableEntity Errors

Cyanideee

Good Morning,

After messing about with AbstractArrowEntity and all it's associated delights I decided to turn to ThrowableEntity's "shoot" function the laser gun in my mod. I've fixed all errors raised in the crash report and the result is that the gun does not fire at all, in fact the entity cannot even be summoned, I've been staring at this for 2 day's now with no luck and I feel like I'm missing something really obvious, if anyone spots anything wrong with com.kybercraft.nrm.entities.LaserBoltEntity, please let me know :)

https://github.com/CyDoesHybrid/NewRepublicModAlpha

Thanks

Cyanideee

Edited by Cyanideee

1 minute ago, poopoodice said:

What makes you think it doesn't work? Is it not being rendered, or if it's like you've said that it can't even be summoned, what did the log printed out?

The log doesn't mention any errors at all. I don't think it works because I'm about 70% sure I registered the renderer correctly but if I'm wrong that would be embarrassing xD

2 hours ago, poopoodice said:

Override createSpawnPacket and return NetworkHooks.createEntityPacket or something to notify the client.

What I mean by ”is it not being rendered” is I want you to check if the entity does exist but just not being rendered on client.

I can confirm that the entity does exist in game, it appears in the summon menu but upon running the command, nothing happens. I've also done what you suggest (Overriding createSpawnPacket ext.)

First of all you have to do as dice suggested, and add this to your LaserBoltEntity:

@Override
	public IPacket<?> createSpawnPacket() {
		return NetworkHooks.getEntitySpawningPacket(this);
	}

Second, it seems like your renderer does nothing. You could look at for example ShulkerBulletRenderer to see how you could render your model.

5 hours ago, vemerion said:

First of all you have to do as dice suggested, and add this to your LaserBoltEntity:

@Override
	public IPacket<?> createSpawnPacket() {
		return NetworkHooks.getEntitySpawningPacket(this);
	}

Second, it seems like your renderer does nothing. You could look at for example ShulkerBulletRenderer to see how you could render your model.

Sorry I forgot to push the updated version but I entered that as suggested yesterday, as for the render, I'll defo look into it, thanks :)