[Solved] - [1.15.X] Disable Vanilla Ore Gen or Change the FillerBlockType

Ridanis

Gday everyone,

I'm new to Modding, and still learning. I encountered an issue and not 100% sure how to address it, so I thought I would come here and seek help from the community.

Part of my mod tackles Ore Generation based on a pre-set world strata, and I would like to either disable the Vanilla Ore generation completely and then re-add it under my mod, preferably, or change the FillerBlockType from NATURAL STONE to just regular STONE block.

Most of the things I found here, and on other sites seems to be addressing older versions of Forge, and I couldn't wrap my head around the methods used .. again, completely new to Modding :)

Would it be possible to access/override the addOres() from DefaultBiomeFeatures , or disable it completely?

A basic code snippet on how to achieve this, or any input on the matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Edited by Ridanis

• Ridanis changed the title to [1.15.X] Disable Vanilla Ore Gen or Change the FillerBlockType

To remove features from a Biome you have to use  yourBiome.getFeatures(DecorationStageYouWantToAccess).remove(configuredFeatureToRemove)

Just insert there the values you need. To expand the FillerBlockType Enum with your custom filler block types just use the FillerBlockType#create function, so you will be able to generate ores replacing every block you want, including modded ones.

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port

I did add STONE as a FillerBlockType through the .create(), but the Vanilla Ores are still generating on all NATURAL_STONES and this is what I'm trying to either disable, or override. 

Furthermore, how can I remove the Decoration feature (which I believe is UNDERGROUND_ORES) without effecting other methods using it such as addSedimentDisks() and addStoneVariants()? 

public static OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType STONE = OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.create("STONE", "stone", new BlockMatcher(Blocks.STONE));

8 minutes ago, Beethoven92 said:

To remove features from a Biome you have to use  yourBiome.getFeatures(DecorationStageYouWantToAccess).remove(configuredFeatureToRemove)

Just insert there the values you need. To expand the FillerBlockType Enum with your custom filler block types just use the FillerBlockType#create function, so you will be able to generate ores replacing every block you want, including modded ones.

Re-reading this, I think I understand what you mean.

So, I'll need to loop through all the biomes, get the Decoration UNDERGROUND_ORES and remove Feature ORES, and then loop again through the biomes, adding my own Ores. Is my understanding correct here?

UNDERGROUND_ORES is the decoration stage you want to access, you are not going to remove the decoration stage, but rather a particular feature which generates during that stage, which in your case is the OreFeature. For example, look at how this simple mod overrides the vanilla swamp trees to add in their own custom ones, you can do the same with ores: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/swamp-expansion

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port

Just now, Ridanis said:

Re-reading this, I think I understand what you mean.

So, I'll need to loop through all the biomes, get the Decoration UNDERGROUND_ORES and remove Feature ORES, and then loop again through the biomes, adding my own Ores. Is my understanding correct here?

Yeah, thats how you do that

Improvement: just use yourBiome#getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES)#clear() to remove all vanilla ore generation in one go. Then add in your custom ore generation

Edited by Beethoven92

My bad! I completely forgot that those also generate during the UNDERGROUND_ORE stage. Then no more one-step lazy code, you have to loop through the features in the Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES stage. From every feature you need to retrieve its corresponding Block, and check for the ores you want to replace, COAL_ORE, IRON_ORE etc...so you can leave the stone variants "ores" intact. Hope i explained that clearly enough 🤔

Yes, thank you. That is what I was doing actually before checking this whole .clear() lazy code usage. 

However, like I said, I might actually go this route as it will allow me to have control over the stone variant generation as this mod is based around TerraForged strata with Quark and Create world blocks.

Your assistance on this matter has been appreciated greatly. Thanks :)

Will do.

Will also post my current code snippet just in case someone had to do the same. If anyone have any question on how these are generating, please don't hesitate to let me know.

for (Biome biome : ForgeRegistries.BIOMES) {

biome.getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES).clear();

// Sediment Disks
      genSedimentDisks(biome, Blocks.SAND.getDefaultState(), 7, 2, Lists.newArrayList(Blocks.DIRT.getDefaultState(), Blocks.GRASS_BLOCK.getDefaultState()), 3);
      genSedimentDisks(biome, Blocks.CLAY.getDefaultState(), 4, 1, Lists.newArrayList(Blocks.DIRT.getDefaultState(), Blocks.CLAY.getDefaultState()), 1);
      genSedimentDisks(biome, Blocks.GRAVEL.getDefaultState(), 6, 2, Lists.newArrayList(Blocks.DIRT.getDefaultState(), Blocks.GRASS_BLOCK.getDefaultState()), 1);

/*if (biome == Biomes.SWAMP || biome == Biomes.SWAMP_HILLS) {
        genSedimentDisks(biome, Blocks.CLAY.getDefaultState(), 4, 1, Lists.newArrayList(Blocks.DIRT.getDefaultState(), Blocks.CLAY.getDefaultState()), 1);
      }*/

// Stone Variant
      genStoneVariant(biome, 10, 0, 0, 256, STONE, Blocks.DIRT.getDefaultState(), 33);
      genStoneVariant(biome, 8, 0, 0, 256, STONE, Blocks.GRAVEL.getDefaultState(), 33);
      genStoneVariant(biome, 10, 0, 0, 80, STONE, Blocks.GRANITE.getDefaultState(), 33);
      genStoneVariant(biome, 10, 0, 0, 80, STONE, Blocks.DIORITE.getDefaultState(), 33);
      genStoneVariant(biome, 10, 0, 0, 80, STONE, Blocks.ANDESITE.getDefaultState(), 33);

// Ores
      genOre(biome, 20, 0, 0, 128, STONE, Blocks.COAL_ORE.getDefaultState(), 17);
      genOre(biome, 20, 0, 0, 64, STONE, Blocks.IRON_ORE.getDefaultState(), 9);
      genOre(biome, 2, 0, 0, 32, STONE, Blocks.GOLD_ORE.getDefaultState(), 9);
      genOre(biome, 1, 0, 0, 16, STONE, Blocks.DIAMOND_ORE.getDefaultState(), 8);
      genOre(biome, 1, 0, 0, 16, STONE, Blocks.EMERALD_ORE.getDefaultState(), 4);
      genOre(biome, 2, 0, 0, 16, STONE, Blocks.LAPIS_ORE.getDefaultState(), 7);
      genOre(biome, 8, 0, 0, 16, STONE, Blocks.REDSTONE_ORE.getDefaultState(), 8);
      genOre(biome, 20, 45, 0, 60, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_COPPER.get().getDefaultState(), 7);
      genOre(biome, 8, 50, 0, 70, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_ALUMINUM.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
      genOre(biome, 8, 30, 0, 38, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_SILVER.get().getDefaultState(), 4);
      genOre(biome, 8, 32, 0, 40, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_LEAD.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
      genOre(biome, 8, 25, 0, 40, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_NICKEL.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
      genOre(biome, 4, 5, 0, 20, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_URANIUM.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
      genOre(biome, 20, 20, 0, 45, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_OSMIUM.get().getDefaultState(), 6);
      genOre(biome, 20, 40, 0, 55, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_TIN.get().getDefaultState(), 6);
      genOre(biome, 8, 35, 0, 50, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_ZINC.get().getDefaultState(), 4);
}

Edited by Ridanis

Damn it, yea that didn't work. It seems I have no other option but to loop through and remove. Doing a .clear() won't work as the mod integration with Create and Quark is not playing nice with this. 

Let's see if I can figure out how to create that loop iteration and removal.

@Mod.EventBusSubscriber(modid = Reference.MOD_ID, bus = Mod.EventBusSubscriber.Bus.MOD)
public class WorldGenHandler {

// Vanilla Fillers
  public static OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType ANDESITE = OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.create("ANDESITE", "andesite", new BlockMatcher(Blocks.ANDESITE));
  public static OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType STONE = OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.create("STONE", "stone", new BlockMatcher(Blocks.STONE));

private static OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType CREATE_GABBRO = null;
  private static OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType CREATE_LIMESTONE = null;
  private static OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType CREATE_SCORIA = null;

@ObjectHolder("create:gabbro")
  public static final Block blockCreateGabbro = null;

@ObjectHolder("create:limestone")
  public static final Block blockCreateLimestone = null;

@ObjectHolder("create:natural_scoria")
  public static final Block blockCreateScoria = null;

@SubscribeEvent
  public static void generateWorld(FMLLoadCompleteEvent event) {

if (blockCreateGabbro != null) {
      CREATE_GABBRO = OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.create("GABBRO", "gabbro", new BlockMatcher(blockCreateGabbro.getBlock()));
    }
    if (blockCreateLimestone != null) {
      CREATE_LIMESTONE = OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.create("LIMESTONE", "limestone", new BlockMatcher(blockCreateLimestone.getBlock()));
    }
    if (blockCreateScoria != null) {
      CREATE_SCORIA = OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.create("SCORIA", "scoria", new BlockMatcher(blockCreateScoria.getBlock()));
    }

biome.getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES).remove(Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.NATURAL_STONE, Blocks.COAL_ORE.getDefaultState(), 17)));

//biome.getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES).clear();

// Sediment Disks
      /*genSedimentDisks(biome, Blocks.SAND.getDefaultState(), 7, 2, Lists.newArrayList(Blocks.DIRT.getDefaultState(), Blocks.GRASS_BLOCK.getDefaultState()), 3);
      genSedimentDisks(biome, Blocks.GRAVEL.getDefaultState(), 6, 2, Lists.newArrayList(Blocks.DIRT.getDefaultState(), Blocks.GRASS_BLOCK.getDefaultState()), 1);

/*if (biome == Biomes.SWAMP || biome == Biomes.SWAMP_HILLS) {
      }*/

// Stone Variant
      /*genStoneVariant(biome, 10, 0, 0, 256, STONE, Blocks.DIRT.getDefaultState(), 33);
      genStoneVariant(biome, 8, 0, 0, 256, STONE, Blocks.GRAVEL.getDefaultState(), 33);
      genStoneVariant(biome, 10, 0, 0, 80, STONE, Blocks.GRANITE.getDefaultState(), 33);
      genStoneVariant(biome, 10, 0, 0, 80, STONE, Blocks.DIORITE.getDefaultState(), 33);
      genStoneVariant(biome, 10, 0, 0, 80, STONE, Blocks.ANDESITE.getDefaultState(), 33);*/

// For custom biome gen, use: if (biome == Biomes.DESERT) {genOre ...}
      // Furthermore, you can use if (biome.getCategory() == Biome.Category.NETHER) {genOre ...} to generate these ores in the Nether, or THEEND for The End
      genOre(biome, 20, 0, 0, 128, STONE, Blocks.COAL_ORE.getDefaultState(), 17);
      genOre(biome, 20, 0, 0, 64, STONE, Blocks.IRON_ORE.getDefaultState(), 9);
      genOre(biome, 2, 0, 0, 32, STONE, Blocks.GOLD_ORE.getDefaultState(), 9);
      genOre(biome, 1, 0, 0, 16, STONE, Blocks.DIAMOND_ORE.getDefaultState(), 8);
      genOre(biome, 1, 0, 0, 16, STONE, Blocks.EMERALD_ORE.getDefaultState(), 4);
      genOre(biome, 2, 0, 0, 16, STONE, Blocks.LAPIS_ORE.getDefaultState(), 7);
      genOre(biome, 8, 0, 0, 16, STONE, Blocks.REDSTONE_ORE.getDefaultState(), 8);
      genOre(biome, 20, 45, 0, 60, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_COPPER.get().getDefaultState(), 7);
      genOre(biome, 8, 50, 0, 70, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_ALUMINUM.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
      genOre(biome, 8, 30, 0, 38, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_SILVER.get().getDefaultState(), 4);
      genOre(biome, 8, 32, 0, 40, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_LEAD.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
      genOre(biome, 8, 25, 0, 40, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_NICKEL.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
      genOre(biome, 4, 5, 0, 20, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_URANIUM.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
      genOre(biome, 20, 20, 0, 45, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_OSMIUM.get().getDefaultState(), 6);
      genOre(biome, 20, 40, 0, 55, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_TIN.get().getDefaultState(), 6);
      genOre(biome, 8, 35, 0, 50, STONE, BlockHandler.ORE_ZINC.get().getDefaultState(), 4);

// Strata Ores - Andesite
      genOre(biome, 20, 0, 0, 128, ANDESITE, BlockHandler.ORE_COAL_ANDESITE.get().getDefaultState(), 17);
      genOre(biome, 20, 0, 0, 64, ANDESITE, BlockHandler.ORE_IRON_ANDESITE.get().getDefaultState(), 9);
      genOre(biome, 2, 0, 0, 32, ANDESITE, BlockHandler.ORE_GOLD_ANDESITE.get().getDefaultState(), 9);
      genOre(biome, 1, 0, 0, 16, ANDESITE, BlockHandler.ORE_DIAMOND_ANDESITE.get().getDefaultState(), 8);
      genOre(biome, 1, 0, 0, 16, ANDESITE, BlockHandler.ORE_EMERALD_ANDESITE.get().getDefaultState(), 4);
      genOre(biome, 2, 0, 0, 16, ANDESITE, BlockHandler.ORE_LAPIS_ANDESITE.get().getDefaultState(), 7);
      genOre(biome, 8, 0, 0, 16, ANDESITE, BlockHandler.ORE_REDSTONE_ANDESITE.get().getDefaultState(), 8);
      genOre(biome, 20, 45, 0, 60, ANDESITE, BlockHandler.ORE_COPPER_ANDESITE.get().getDefaultState(), 7);
      genOre(biome, 8, 50, 0, 70, ANDESITE, BlockHandler.ORE_ALUMINUM_ANDESITE.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
      genOre(biome, 8, 30, 0, 38, ANDESITE, BlockHandler.ORE_SILVER_ANDESITE.get().getDefaultState(), 4);
      genOre(biome, 8, 32, 0, 40, ANDESITE, BlockHandler.ORE_LEAD_ANDESITE.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
      genOre(biome, 8, 25, 0, 40, ANDESITE, BlockHandler.ORE_NICKEL_ANDESITE.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
      genOre(biome, 4, 5, 0, 20, ANDESITE, BlockHandler.ORE_URANIUM_ANDESITE.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
      genOre(biome, 20, 20, 0, 45, ANDESITE, BlockHandler.ORE_OSMIUM_ANDESITE.get().getDefaultState(), 6);
      genOre(biome, 20, 40, 0, 55, ANDESITE, BlockHandler.ORE_TIN_ANDESITE.get().getDefaultState(), 6);
      genOre(biome, 8, 35, 0, 50, ANDESITE, BlockHandler.ORE_ZINC_ANDESITE.get().getDefaultState(), 4);

if(blockCreateGabbro != null) {
        // Strata Ores - Gabbro
        genOre(biome, 20, 0, 0, 128, CREATE_GABBRO, BlockHandler.ORE_COAL_GABBRO.get().getDefaultState(), 17);
        genOre(biome, 20, 0, 0, 64, CREATE_GABBRO, BlockHandler.ORE_IRON_GABBRO.get().getDefaultState(), 9);
        genOre(biome, 2, 0, 0, 32, CREATE_GABBRO, BlockHandler.ORE_GOLD_GABBRO.get().getDefaultState(), 9);
        genOre(biome, 1, 0, 0, 16, CREATE_GABBRO, BlockHandler.ORE_DIAMOND_GABBRO.get().getDefaultState(), 8);
        genOre(biome, 1, 0, 0, 16, CREATE_GABBRO, BlockHandler.ORE_EMERALD_GABBRO.get().getDefaultState(), 4);
        genOre(biome, 2, 0, 0, 16, CREATE_GABBRO, BlockHandler.ORE_LAPIS_GABBRO.get().getDefaultState(), 7);
        genOre(biome, 8, 0, 0, 16, CREATE_GABBRO, BlockHandler.ORE_REDSTONE_GABBRO.get().getDefaultState(), 8);
        genOre(biome, 20, 45, 0, 60, CREATE_GABBRO, BlockHandler.ORE_COPPER_GABBRO.get().getDefaultState(), 7);
        genOre(biome, 8, 50, 0, 70, CREATE_GABBRO, BlockHandler.ORE_ALUMINUM_GABBRO.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
        genOre(biome, 8, 30, 0, 38, CREATE_GABBRO, BlockHandler.ORE_SILVER_GABBRO.get().getDefaultState(), 4);
        genOre(biome, 8, 32, 0, 40, CREATE_GABBRO, BlockHandler.ORE_LEAD_GABBRO.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
        genOre(biome, 8, 25, 0, 40, CREATE_GABBRO, BlockHandler.ORE_NICKEL_GABBRO.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
        genOre(biome, 4, 5, 0, 20, CREATE_GABBRO, BlockHandler.ORE_URANIUM_GABBRO.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
        genOre(biome, 20, 20, 0, 45, CREATE_GABBRO, BlockHandler.ORE_OSMIUM_GABBRO.get().getDefaultState(), 6);
        genOre(biome, 20, 40, 0, 55, CREATE_GABBRO, BlockHandler.ORE_TIN_GABBRO.get().getDefaultState(), 6);
        genOre(biome, 8, 35, 0, 50, CREATE_GABBRO, BlockHandler.ORE_ZINC_GABBRO.get().getDefaultState(), 4);
      }
      if(blockCreateLimestone != null) {
        // Strata Ores - Limestone
        genOre(biome, 20, 0, 0, 128, CREATE_LIMESTONE, BlockHandler.ORE_COAL_C_LIMESTONE.get().getDefaultState(), 17);
        genOre(biome, 20, 0, 0, 64, CREATE_LIMESTONE, BlockHandler.ORE_IRON_C_LIMESTONE.get().getDefaultState(), 9);
        genOre(biome, 2, 0, 0, 32, CREATE_LIMESTONE, BlockHandler.ORE_GOLD_C_LIMESTONE.get().getDefaultState(), 9);
        genOre(biome, 1, 0, 0, 16, CREATE_LIMESTONE, BlockHandler.ORE_DIAMOND_C_LIMESTONE.get().getDefaultState(), 8);
        genOre(biome, 1, 0, 0, 16, CREATE_LIMESTONE, BlockHandler.ORE_EMERALD_C_LIMESTONE.get().getDefaultState(), 4);
        genOre(biome, 2, 0, 0, 16, CREATE_LIMESTONE, BlockHandler.ORE_LAPIS_C_LIMESTONE.get().getDefaultState(), 7);
        genOre(biome, 8, 0, 0, 16, CREATE_LIMESTONE, BlockHandler.ORE_REDSTONE_C_LIMESTONE.get().getDefaultState(), 8);
        genOre(biome, 20, 45, 0, 60, CREATE_LIMESTONE, BlockHandler.ORE_COPPER_C_LIMESTONE.get().getDefaultState(), 7);
        genOre(biome, 8, 50, 0, 70, CREATE_LIMESTONE, BlockHandler.ORE_ALUMINUM_C_LIMESTONE.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
        genOre(biome, 8, 30, 0, 38, CREATE_LIMESTONE, BlockHandler.ORE_SILVER_C_LIMESTONE.get().getDefaultState(), 4);
        genOre(biome, 8, 32, 0, 40, CREATE_LIMESTONE, BlockHandler.ORE_LEAD_C_LIMESTONE.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
        genOre(biome, 8, 25, 0, 40, CREATE_LIMESTONE, BlockHandler.ORE_NICKEL_C_LIMESTONE.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
        genOre(biome, 4, 5, 0, 20, CREATE_LIMESTONE, BlockHandler.ORE_URANIUM_C_LIMESTONE.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
        genOre(biome, 20, 20, 0, 45, CREATE_LIMESTONE, BlockHandler.ORE_OSMIUM_C_LIMESTONE.get().getDefaultState(), 6);
        genOre(biome, 20, 40, 0, 55, CREATE_LIMESTONE, BlockHandler.ORE_TIN_C_LIMESTONE.get().getDefaultState(), 6);
        genOre(biome, 8, 35, 0, 50, CREATE_LIMESTONE, BlockHandler.ORE_ZINC_C_LIMESTONE.get().getDefaultState(), 4);
      }
      if(blockCreateScoria != null) {
        // Strata Ores - Scoria
        genOre(biome, 20, 0, 0, 128, CREATE_SCORIA, BlockHandler.ORE_COAL_SCORIA.get().getDefaultState(), 17);
        genOre(biome, 20, 0, 0, 64, CREATE_SCORIA, BlockHandler.ORE_IRON_SCORIA.get().getDefaultState(), 9);
        genOre(biome, 2, 0, 0, 32, CREATE_SCORIA, BlockHandler.ORE_GOLD_SCORIA.get().getDefaultState(), 9);
        genOre(biome, 1, 0, 0, 16, CREATE_SCORIA, BlockHandler.ORE_DIAMOND_SCORIA.get().getDefaultState(), 8);
        genOre(biome, 1, 0, 0, 16, CREATE_SCORIA, BlockHandler.ORE_EMERALD_SCORIA.get().getDefaultState(), 4);
        genOre(biome, 2, 0, 0, 16, CREATE_SCORIA, BlockHandler.ORE_LAPIS_SCORIA.get().getDefaultState(), 7);
        genOre(biome, 8, 0, 0, 16, CREATE_SCORIA, BlockHandler.ORE_REDSTONE_SCORIA.get().getDefaultState(), 8);
        genOre(biome, 20, 45, 0, 60, CREATE_SCORIA, BlockHandler.ORE_COPPER_SCORIA.get().getDefaultState(), 7);
        genOre(biome, 8, 50, 0, 70, CREATE_SCORIA, BlockHandler.ORE_ALUMINUM_SCORIA.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
        genOre(biome, 8, 30, 0, 38, CREATE_SCORIA, BlockHandler.ORE_SILVER_SCORIA.get().getDefaultState(), 4);
        genOre(biome, 8, 32, 0, 40, CREATE_SCORIA, BlockHandler.ORE_LEAD_SCORIA.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
        genOre(biome, 8, 25, 0, 40, CREATE_SCORIA, BlockHandler.ORE_NICKEL_SCORIA.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
        genOre(biome, 4, 5, 0, 20, CREATE_SCORIA, BlockHandler.ORE_URANIUM_SCORIA.get().getDefaultState(), 3);
        genOre(biome, 20, 20, 0, 45, CREATE_SCORIA, BlockHandler.ORE_OSMIUM_SCORIA.get().getDefaultState(), 6);
        genOre(biome, 20, 40, 0, 55, CREATE_SCORIA, BlockHandler.ORE_TIN_SCORIA.get().getDefaultState(), 6);
        genOre(biome, 8, 35, 0, 50, CREATE_SCORIA, BlockHandler.ORE_ZINC_SCORIA.get().getDefaultState(), 4);
      }
    }
  }

private static void genOre(Biome biome, int count, int bottomOffset, int topOffset, int max, OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType filler, BlockState defaultBlockstate, int size) {
    CountRangeConfig range = new CountRangeConfig(count, bottomOffset, topOffset, max);
    OreFeatureConfig feature = new OreFeatureConfig(filler, defaultBlockstate, size);

ConfiguredPlacement config = Placement.COUNT_RANGE.configure(range);

biome.addFeature(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES, Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(feature).withPlacement(config));
  }

public static void genSedimentDisks(Biome biome, BlockState state, int radiusIn, int ySizeIn, List<BlockState> targetsIn, int count) {
    SphereReplaceConfig sphere = new SphereReplaceConfig(state, radiusIn, ySizeIn, targetsIn);
    FrequencyConfig frequency = new FrequencyConfig(count);

ConfiguredPlacement config = Placement.COUNT_TOP_SOLID.configure(frequency);

biome.addFeature(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES, Feature.DISK.withConfiguration(sphere).withPlacement(config));
  }

private static void genStoneVariant(Biome biome, int count, int bottomOffset, int topOffset, int max, OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType filler, BlockState defaultBlockstate, int size) {
    CountRangeConfig range = new CountRangeConfig(count, bottomOffset, topOffset, max);
    OreFeatureConfig feature = new OreFeatureConfig(filler, defaultBlockstate, size);

ConfiguredPlacement config = Placement.COUNT_RANGE.configure(range);

biome.addFeature(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES, Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(feature).withPlacement(config));
  }
}

At the moment, I'm trying with this 

biome.getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES).remove(Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.NATURAL_STONE, Blocks.COAL_ORE.getDefaultState(), 17)));

but needless to say, that has failed. 

I also found this topic: 

which seems to be close to what I need, but I just couldn't figure out the solution code, or how to use it.

List<ConfiguredFeature> features = new ArrayList<ConfiguredFeature>();

for (ConfiguredFeature<?> f : biome.getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES)) {
                if (((DecoratedFeatureConfig)f.config).feature.feature instanceof OreFeature) {
                    if (((OreFeatureConfig)((DecoratedFeatureConfig)f.config).feature.config).state.getBlock() == Blocks.IRON_ORE) {
                        features.add(f);
                    }
                }
            }

biome.getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES).removeAll(features);

Whenever I tried that, I kept getting an error on the <?> 'Wrong number of type argument'

That is awesome. Thanks for the tip. It seems to be working now.

public static void overrideFeatures(Biome biome){
    List<ConfiguredFeature> features = new ArrayList<ConfiguredFeature>();

for (ConfiguredFeature<?,?> f : biome.getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES)) {
      if (((DecoratedFeatureConfig)f.config).feature.feature instanceof OreFeature) {
        if (((OreFeatureConfig)((DecoratedFeatureConfig)f.config).feature.config).state.getBlock() == Blocks.COAL_ORE) {
          features.add(f);
        }
        if (((OreFeatureConfig)((DecoratedFeatureConfig)f.config).feature.config).state.getBlock() == Blocks.IRON_ORE) {
          features.add(f);
        }
        if (((OreFeatureConfig)((DecoratedFeatureConfig)f.config).feature.config).state.getBlock() == Blocks.GOLD_ORE) {
          features.add(f);
        }
        if (((OreFeatureConfig)((DecoratedFeatureConfig)f.config).feature.config).state.getBlock() == Blocks.DIAMOND_ORE) {
          features.add(f);
        }
        if (((OreFeatureConfig)((DecoratedFeatureConfig)f.config).feature.config).state.getBlock() == Blocks.EMERALD_ORE) {
          features.add(f);
        }
        if (((OreFeatureConfig)((DecoratedFeatureConfig)f.config).feature.config).state.getBlock() == Blocks.LAPIS_ORE) {
          features.add(f);
        }
        if (((OreFeatureConfig)((DecoratedFeatureConfig)f.config).feature.config).state.getBlock() == Blocks.REDSTONE_ORE) {
          features.add(f);
        }
      }
    }
    biome.getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES).removeAll(features);
  }

and I just called it within the Loops itself.

overrideFeatures(biome);

and here are the fruits of this labor. Still far from finished, but it's a start. Thanks for the help man.

unknown.png?width=1052&height=567

Looks great! Just watch out for the emerald ore though, i did a bit of a research myself and with the above method, emeralds appear to be still be generating in the world. This is because the feature responsible for placing emeralds in the world does not belong to OreFeature, but to ReplaceBlockFeature. Also do you mind about infested stone blocks (the silverfish block)? If you look at DefaultBiomeFeatures class you will see that they are generated in a different decoration stage, so if you want to remove those you will need to check also that decoration stage.

• Thanks 1

Oh completely forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. Will add them to the feature removal method to make sure they don't generate unless I push them through my mod. Working on the other types of Strata Ores now. Let's hope removing the vanilla ores and then pushing them through my mod with FillerBlockType Stone will stop them from spawning on the incorrect block. I think the issue is that all these strata blocks have the Stone forge tag, so the game is treating them as Stone.

If that continues to be the case, then I will have to remove the stone tag from them, and maybe give them a new tag.

But alas, all this work seems to be not sufficient enough. No sure if it is a mod loading priority, but the Vanilla Stone ores are spawning on other types of strata stones. I fear that it could be due to the fact that these other stone types have the forge Stone tag. Is there a way I can forge my custom FillerBlockType to select ONLY the Vanilla stone, disregarding other blocks with the same tag? At first I thought it could be due to mod loading priority, but the fact that I can see all the new ores I'm generating means my mod should have been initiated after TerraForged, or is my understanding in this matter incorrect? This is how I'm currently using Stone as a FillerBlockType.

Edited by Ridanis

I am not sure i got what your problem is right, so..from what i understood you have now your custom ores correctly generating inside Quark and TerraForged blocks, which is what you want right? But you are also having vanilla stone ores generating inside the modded blocks, is this right? Maybe a screenshot where i can see what is happening would help