[Solved] - [1.15.X] Disable Vanilla Ore Gen or Change the FillerBlockType

Ridanis

Yeah, thats an issue with tags like you said, since those mods have their stone blocks tagged as 'stone'...but does your world generates vanilla stone at all? I mean, i am seeing all kind of stone blocks but vanilla one

Edited by Beethoven92

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port

Oh sorry, it's a resource pack with stone texture variation. My mod does not generate the vanilla stone.

I did cross my mind though, I thought if there is no other solution to force these ores to generate on "minecraft:stone" instead of "forge:stone" then I would maybe generate the Vanilla Stone through my mod with a different name, and then use it as a replacement for Vanilla Stone during world generation in the strata, so this way I get to have the Vanilla Ores target it as a modded block.

I thought I would see if there is any other solution before I head that route.

I forgot to mention/confirm that Vanilla Stone is also part of the Strata.

gemiICc.jpg

Edited by Ridanis

I tested using object holder to Minecraft stone, and then using that to map a new FillerBlockType. It has some interesting results as it seems to stop modded ores from appearing, but vanilla ores still spawn.

@ObjestHolder("minecraft:stone);

However, something worked, and i think it's a little less hacky. 

I created the vanilla ores as part of my mod instead of using Blocks.COAL_ORE.getDefaultState(), now I can use BlockHandler.ORE_COAL.get().getDefaultState(), and that seems to have stopped them from spawning all over the place. Luckily, this mod is a unification mod that is meant to be used by modpacks as a form of unification, so even if it's a little hacky of a solution, I think it's justifiable to an extent. 

• Ridanis changed the title to [Solved] - [1.15.X] Disable Vanilla Ore Gen or Change the FillerBlockType