How do I make custom TNT in Minecraft 1.16.1?

RNCSKN

8 minutes ago, vemerion said:

I think a good place to start is looking at how vanilla Minecraft does it. Look at the classes TNTBlock and TNTEntity to get an idea of how you could go about making your own custom TNT blocks.

How can I  do that? I know about MCP, but that is discontinued and its latest version is 1.12.2, i think. Do I use MCPReborn? 

25 minutes ago, Beethoven92 said:

All right, then look under Project and External Dependencies, then look inside forge-your version and mappings-recomp.jar , then net/minecraft. Inside you have minecraft vanilla source code

OK, I found it. Sorry if im being dumb here, but I always made my blocks like this: (This if from one of my old mods)

public class RubyBlock extends Block {
    public RubyBlock() {
        super(Block.Properties.create(Material.IRON)
                .hardnessAndResistance(5.0f, 6.0f)
                .sound(SoundType.METAL)
                .harvestLevel(2)
                .harvestTool(ToolType.PICKAXE)
        );
    }
}

And here is the code from TNTBlock.java:

public class TNTBlock extends Block {
   public static final BooleanProperty UNSTABLE = BlockStateProperties.UNSTABLE;

public TNTBlock(Block.Properties properties) {
      super(properties);
      this.setDefaultState(this.getDefaultState().with(UNSTABLE, Boolean.valueOf(false)));
   }

public void catchFire(BlockState state, World world, BlockPos pos, @Nullable net.minecraft.util.Direction face, @Nullable LivingEntity igniter) {
      explode(world, pos, igniter);
   }

public void onBlockAdded(BlockState state, World worldIn, BlockPos pos, BlockState oldState, boolean isMoving) {
      if (oldState.getBlock() != state.getBlock()) {
         if (worldIn.isBlockPowered(pos)) {
            catchFire(state, worldIn, pos, null, null);
            worldIn.removeBlock(pos, false);
         }

}
   }

public void neighborChanged(BlockState state, World worldIn, BlockPos pos, Block blockIn, BlockPos fromPos, boolean isMoving) {
      if (worldIn.isBlockPowered(pos)) {
         worldIn.removeBlock(pos, false);
      }

}

/**
    * Called before the Block is set to air in the world. Called regardless of if the player's tool can actually collect
    * this block
    */
   public void onBlockHarvested(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, BlockState state, PlayerEntity player) {
      if (!worldIn.isRemote() && !player.isCreative() && state.get(UNSTABLE)) {
      }

super.onBlockHarvested(worldIn, pos, state, player);
   }

/**
    * Called when this Block is destroyed by an Explosion
    */
   public void onExplosionDestroy(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, Explosion explosionIn) {
      if (!worldIn.isRemote) {
         TNTEntity tntentity = new TNTEntity(worldIn, (double)((float)pos.getX() + 0.5F), (double)pos.getY(), (double)((float)pos.getZ() + 0.5F), explosionIn.getExplosivePlacedBy());
         tntentity.setFuse((short)(worldIn.rand.nextInt(tntentity.getFuse() / 4) + tntentity.getFuse() / 8));
         worldIn.addEntity(tntentity);
      }
   }

@Deprecated //Forge: Prefer using IForgeBlock#catchFire
   public static void explode(World p_196534_0_, BlockPos worldIn) {
      explode(p_196534_0_, worldIn, (LivingEntity)null);
   }

@Deprecated //Forge: Prefer using IForgeBlock#catchFire
   private static void explode(World p_196535_0_, BlockPos p_196535_1_, @Nullable LivingEntity p_196535_2_) {
      if (!p_196535_0_.isRemote) {
         TNTEntity tntentity = new TNTEntity(p_196535_0_, (double)p_196535_1_.getX() + 0.5D, (double)p_196535_1_.getY(), (double)p_196535_1_.getZ() + 0.5D, p_196535_2_);
         p_196535_0_.addEntity(tntentity);
         p_196535_0_.playSound((PlayerEntity)null, tntentity.func_226277_ct_(), tntentity.func_226278_cu_(), tntentity.func_226281_cx_(), SoundEvents.ENTITY_TNT_PRIMED, SoundCategory.BLOCKS, 1.0F, 1.0F);
      }
   }

public ActionResultType func_225533_a_(BlockState p_225533_1_, World p_225533_2_, BlockPos p_225533_3_, PlayerEntity p_225533_4_, Hand p_225533_5_, BlockRayTraceResult p_225533_6_) {
      ItemStack itemstack = p_225533_4_.getHeldItem(p_225533_5_);
      Item item = itemstack.getItem();
      if (item != Items.FLINT_AND_STEEL && item != Items.FIRE_CHARGE) {
         return super.func_225533_a_(p_225533_1_, p_225533_2_, p_225533_3_, p_225533_4_, p_225533_5_, p_225533_6_);
      } else {
         catchFire(p_225533_1_, p_225533_2_, p_225533_3_, p_225533_6_.getFace(), p_225533_4_);
         p_225533_2_.setBlockState(p_225533_3_, Blocks.AIR.getDefaultState(), 11);
         if (!p_225533_4_.isCreative()) {
            if (item == Items.FLINT_AND_STEEL) {
               itemstack.damageItem(1, p_225533_4_, (p_220287_1_) -> {
                  p_220287_1_.sendBreakAnimation(p_225533_5_);
               });
            } else {
               itemstack.shrink(1);
            }
         }

return ActionResultType.SUCCESS;
      }
   }

public void onProjectileCollision(World worldIn, BlockState state, BlockRayTraceResult hit, Entity projectile) {
      if (!worldIn.isRemote && projectile instanceof AbstractArrowEntity) {
         AbstractArrowEntity abstractarrowentity = (AbstractArrowEntity)projectile;
         Entity entity = abstractarrowentity.getShooter();
         if (abstractarrowentity.isBurning()) {
            BlockPos blockpos = hit.getPos();
            catchFire(state, worldIn, blockpos, null, entity instanceof LivingEntity ? (LivingEntity)entity : null);
            worldIn.removeBlock(blockpos, false);
         }
      }

}

/**
    * Return whether this block can drop from an explosion.
    */
   public boolean canDropFromExplosion(Explosion explosionIn) {
      return false;
   }

protected void fillStateContainer(StateContainer.Builder<Block, BlockState> builder) {
      builder.add(UNSTABLE);
   }
}

So, do i need to do it like this:

public class EpicTNT extends Block {
    public EpicTNT() {
        super(Block.Properties.create(Material.TNT)
                .catchFire(true)
                // The rest of the methods in TNTBlock.java
        );
    }
}

That makes sense, but I dont think that will work.

Edited by RNCSKN

Absolutely not! Which version you made your last mod for? I guess it was 1.12.2 or prior. Loooot of things changed in the latests versions. If you are not sure how things works now i suggest you follow a tutorial, you can try with mjcity tutorials or turtywurty, which will point you in the right direction with the newest versions of minecraft/forge. Anyway, if you want to mimic a vanilla block extending it with your custom properties the best way is to basically copy their code adjusting it by your needs. For example to create a custom TNT block with custom explosion radius or effects you replicate the vanilla TNT block changing the entity it spawns on explosion (TNTEntity)

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port

2 minutes ago, Beethoven92 said:

Absolutely not! Which version you made your last mod for? I guess it was 1.12.2 or prior. Loooot of things changed in the latests versions. If you are not sure how things works now i suggest you follow a tutorial, you can try with mjcity tutorials or turtywurty, which will point you in the right direction with the newest versions of minecraft/forge. Anyway, if you want to mimic a vanilla block extending it with your custom properties the best way is to basically copy their code adjusting it by your needs. For example to create a custom TNT block with custom explosion radius or effects you replicate the vanilla TNT block changing the entity it spawns on explosion (TNTEntity)

Oh, OK! I will go and watch turtywurty. Thanks for your help!

2 minutes ago, FrostDracony said:

Why not extends the TNT BlockClass?

Sorry i was already typing when you answered this. My "Absolutely not" was in response to this code snippet:

public class RubyBlock extends Block {
    public RubyBlock() {
        super(Block.Properties.create(Material.IRON)
                .catchFire(true)
                // The rest of the methods in TNTBlock.java
        );
    }
}

Extending vanilla classes is right, then you override the methods you need

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port