[1.16.1] Register Dimensions

Budschie

• 6 months later...
7 minutes ago, SubliminallySublime said:

Did you ever come across a solution? Do the data driven dimensions work for you?ย 

Data driven dimensions work fine, given other examples I have found. However work and real life forced me to stop working on mods for a while, so I have personally not gotten them implemented myself. I can't speak for the OP however.

Edited by ModMCdl

Follow these rules when talking to me, and we'll get along fine.

1).I know Java fairly well. I don't know as much about modding. They are not the same, don't compare them.

2). I consider myself to always be learning. I make mistakes, you make mistakes. Who doesn't?

3). Insult me, and I will leave the thread. I have a real life, I don't have time to throw petty insults in a Minecraft Modding forum.

ย 

ModMCdl - Co-Founder and Director of Design for Artemis Game Studios

24 minutes ago, SubliminallySublime said:

I was wondering if he needs advanced dimensions like I do. Data driven dimensions work, but are they capable of producing and exact clone of the current overworld, settings and all? If so, I have a recent question here that I would love help with as this was possible in 1.12-1.15 but no longer seems possible in 1.16.

ย 

Edit: I reviewed OPs code. I'm pretty sure data driven dimens will work for his situation.ย 

Oh that definitely should work. As a matter of fact, I believe that the MC Wiki or even Mojang have examples for clones of the overworld, nether, and end.

1).I know Java fairly well. I don't know as much about modding. They are not the same, don't compare them.

2). I consider myself to always be learning. I make mistakes, you make mistakes. Who doesn't?

3). Insult me, and I will leave the thread. I have a real life, I don't have time to throw petty insults in a Minecraft Modding forum.

ย 

1 minute ago, SubliminallySublime said:

I have looked for any such tutorial, but as you are telling me they exist, I am checking again. I will edit this comment and my post if I find something that solved this problem.

My question is however, if the user has tweaked their overworld settings, can data-driven dimensions hijack and exactly replicate those settings to a different dimension for 1:1 block sameness?

This is one such example I was referring to:ย https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Custom_dimension

ย 

As for 1:1 block sameness, I'm not 100% sure, as data-driven dimensions are resultants of seeds.

ย 

Also, if a vanilla generator does not fall into the parameters of your project, you can still create custom generators for dimensions with forge if you need to. You'll just call said custom generator in the .json.

ย