Can't run the modded forge file (ignore 1.12.2)

Nyxistaken

Hello! I am very new to making servers so I would greatly appreciate a bit of help, it's just a little server I can play with my friends and its meant to be modded.
Now, I installed the server using the Forge Server installer like was mentioned, I did everything correctly and created the according files, then c/p'd the mods and config I have into the server files.
I agreed to the EULA as well like it said.
Now the vanilla version opens with no issue (minecraft_server.1.12.2) and runs the server just fine, ofc on this version I can't place any modded blocks or anything.

I have a forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2854 file too, when clicked it does nothing. I made a run.bat file with the following code: java -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -jar forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2854 nogui
PAUSE - but it doesn't do much, I think it fails and tells me to press another key.
When I change the run.bat file to say forgeserver.jar and change the actual forge file to "forgeserver" my CMD opens and says the following:
C:\Users\Filip\Desktop\Minecraft Server>java -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -jar forgeserver.jar nogui

A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:70)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:34)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.<init>(Launch.java:34)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

... 6 more

C:\Users\Filip\Desktop\Minecraft Server>PAUSE

Press any key to continue . . .

And then it closes. Any idea of what to do? I don't even know if I've done something wrong, if I can supply any more info I'd be happy to