[1.16.1] Add mob drop to a vanilla mob

korti11

Hello and good evening everyone,

I'm currently trying to add an extra mob drop to the Phantom entity and I'm not 100% sure what the intended or correct way is to add an extra loot pool to the existing loot table.

I know that there is the LootTableLoadEvent where I can add a new loot pool to a loot table, but from what I saw, I would need to set the loot pool values within the code instead of using a data file. It's very possible that I understand here something wrong, hinse I'm writing this forum post.

So I would like to add this extra loot pool with a data file, if it's possible. If this is not possible, is the other approach with the LootTableLoadEvent and the in code creation the intended way?

Edited by korti11

Global Loot Modifiers are likely the best method, but to show another method, you can actually use data combined with a bit of code to add loot tables fairly easily. Here's how I do it.

Then you can just define a loot table connected to that RL with the same pool name and it's done.