EntityArrow

Ninoviski

Hello guys,

I need help at the EnttiyArrow, about it.

First of all, is about is strenght.  Let me tell my problem, i want to make a spear, but if i just get the EntityArrow code, it will go very strong.

The deal is this: Is there a way to make it less strong, or do i need to mess up with the heading, onupdate, ticks...

If i do need to mess up with there stuff, is there any tutorial? Or could you reader help me?

Thanks to you all,

See ya

In line 439 of EntityArrow there is a local variable called f4 which determines the acceleration of the arrow. If you want to make it accelerate more slowly, decrease that variable. Unfortunately, that will require a base edit (Actually, if you override ItemArrow as well, then you can override EntityArrow and modify that.)

As for the initial velocity, there are two places to modify it: (1) the third argument in line 64 of ItemArrow, which will not require base edits if you do it right, and (2) the fourth argument in line 116 of EntityArrow, which is slightly more difficult.

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.

When you mean vel, you mean changing the Item or the Entity? (Item, right?)

As for the initial velocity, there are two places to modify it: (1) the third argument in line 64 of ItemArrow, which will not require base edits if you do it right, and (2) the fourth argument in line 116 of EntityArrow, which is slightly more difficult.

Yes. The item.

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.

There is a problem,

my intention is making it a default vel, a defualt range, no by the amount of time i press the right button. The code there is right what you said, the strenght, and thats what i want too, but it changes, you can see, it says

if (f == 1.0F)
            {
                entityarrow.setIsCritical(true);
            }

Thats like the strenght that is created by the time we pull the Bow, we can see that here

/**
     * called when the player releases the use item button. Args: itemstack, world, entityplayer, itemInUseCount
     */
    public void onPlayerStoppedUsing...

Now, we can see that when it creates the ItemArrow:

EntityArrow entityarrow = new EntityArrow(par2World, par3EntityPlayer, f * 2.0F);

That the strenght is there, so, if it is there when we refer to the Arrow, it must be an arrow par talking about it, right?

Now, i will try to see in wich constructor is that param, and then change it (i think it might be that one you sent me that other day).

Just to make what i said "stronger", when i create my entity ingame, it has all the time the same strenght, so that means the my "f" dont changes, so we have a "f" in my Entity

Correct me if i am worng ;)

Sorry about that email, i thought it was a MP

See ya

Greate fucking news,

All the problem is that when i called the Entity at my Item, it set by default the weapondamage, that is 4 (too high and diferent). Now, i changed it for what i want 1F

Before

public int WeaponDamage
        if (!par2World.isRemote)
        {
            par2World.spawnEntityInWorld(new EntitySpear(par2World, par3EntityPlayer, WeaponDamage));
        }

Now

if (!par2World.isRemote)
        {
            par2World.spawnEntityInWorld(new EntitySpear(par2World, par3EntityPlayer, 1F));
        }

The problem is that i didnt know a lot of Java (and still dont hehe) stuff and i called the wrong param... HAHAHAHAHA i am so freaking happy :D

it would be so good if this ended here ha, but no, the sucker makes an horizontal loop for no reason, i will take a loot at the onupdate and roation stuff, if you do know what it is about, please answer this shit.

See ya,

Thanks ObsequiousNewt

SUCH A SIMPLE PROBLEM !!