Difficulties in Installing Forge

rubinaito

Hello!
I'm not exactly familiar with computers so I suspect this may be a problem with an easy fix.

I want to install Forge, preferably version 1.16.1, along with Optifine 1.16.1 (this is the version a preferred server currently runs on). I've experimented with trying to download earlier versions as well, however I meet the same problem regardless. I have Java version 8 update 261 (build 1.8.0_261-b12). Each time I attempt to open the .JAR file for the launcher, I'm greeted with this message:

Unable to install Java

There are errors in the following switches: "C:\Users\[user name]\[folder name]\forge-[version number]-installer.jar";.

Check that the commands are valid and try again.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong here, or even what I'm doing in the first place. Could somebody help me? 
Edit: I realized I forgot to add what system I'm using. I'm running on Windows 10 with a 64-bit operating system and x64-based processor. I am also using the x64-bit Java application.

Edited by rubinaito