Add a texture to a block

intermediateuser

16th duplicate post.

Capture.png

And that image is on the wiki under an up-to-date tutorial.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

We need a modder support EAQ as well. It should include that image as well as an answer to all of the entity questions.

Well, there should be a redirect to some updated tutorials on this board...

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

We need a modder support EAQ as well. It should include that image as well as an answer to all of the entity questions.

Gosh I'd love that.  Searching for Forge tutorials is rough.  Even knowing Java, a new modder gets lost in all this and what makes it so much harder is that there are SO many tutorials that are flat out wrong because they're outdated (but nowhere do they indicate that they are).  Time is wasted figuring out exactly where they're wrong, because going through Minecraft's source code all you see are par1, par2, par3 (very nondescript parameters).  Trying to decode Minecraft's source after a tutorial has gotten you 90% of the way there isn't easy, even for someone who's not a java newbie.

Another problem is that most of these misleading tutorials are the only source for the information a new modder is seeking.

16th duplicate post.

Sorry, the search feature here is clunky at its very best!  I did try it.

Something like 8 of the top 20 posts returned for "texture" or "textures" direct to a thread where I've posted that image.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

16th duplicate post.

Sorry, the search feature here is clunky at its very best!  I did try it.

Something like 8 of the top 20 posts returned for "texture" or "textures" direct to a thread where I've posted that image.

It's easier when you know precisely what you're looking for!  It's frustrating, I know, to answer the same questions from different people over and over again, and I really do appreciate it.

It's easier when you know precisely what you're looking for!  It's frustrating, I know, to answer the same questions from different people over and over again, and I really do appreciate it.

What did you search for?

"Holy internet coma, Batman!"

...The fifth most prolific poster in the forums is BACK!

Also, did you get the SBFP OP done? Because, if you don't, I will.

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.