[1.15.2][Solved] Disable healing per player

Tieso2001

I want to disable healing (from food, not from potions). I know you can do this by disabling the gamerule "naturalRegeneration" but if I'm correct, this will disable the healing for all players. Is there a way to disable the natural healing per player?

Edited by Tieso2001

3 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

To disable generation from food (not from peaceful difficulty) you'd have to replace the Player's FoodStats object with your own version that does special handling.

Okay, I know how to make my own custom FoodStats using capabilities, but how can I disable/replace the original then?

8 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Set PlayerEntity#foodStats using reflection.

When do I set it? Is there a PlayerEntity/Entity creation event or something similar that I should use? I only found EntityJoinWorldEvent but then it would create a new FoodStats object everytime the entity joins. How can I check if the entity hasn't been created before? Or should I use something completely different?

Edited by Tieso2001

4 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

EntityJoinWorldEvent is exactly right. You have to set the object every time. It does not magically persist.

Thank you, I got it working that my custom FoodStats is set. I have one more problem:

I created a class named CustomFoodStats that extends FoodStats. When I try to override/copy the tick() method I get lots of errors because all the fields of FoodStats are not accessible. Should I also use reflection to get and set these fields or should I do something else (because that would require a lot of reflection every tick, which I believe is not something I should be doing)?

public class CustomFoodStats extends FoodStats {

private boolean foodHealthRegen = true;

public CustomFoodStats() {
        super();
    }

@Override
    public void tick(PlayerEntity player) {
        /*
        this part would be copied from the original FoodStats (don't know if I could post that here)
        */

boolean flag = player.world.getGameRules().getBoolean(GameRules.NATURAL_REGENERATION) && this.foodHealthRegen;

/*
        this part would be copied from the original FoodStats (don't know if I could post that here)
        */
    }
}

Also I have an additional question. Because I want to override the tick() method but I only change boolean flag, would that not be allowed because in essence I would then almost be entirely copying a method from the minecraft code.

3 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

You can also use access transformers instead of reflection.

I didn't know that was a thing so thank you, that looks like it is exactly what I need. I tried to use it but I can't get it to work.

Here is my accesstransformer.cfg

# Makes the fields from the FoodStats class public
public net.minecraft.util.FoodStats foodLevel
public net.minecraft.util.FoodStats foodSaturationLevel
public net.minecraft.util.FoodStats foodExhaustionLevel
public net.minecraft.util.FoodStats foodTimer
public net.minecraft.util.FoodStats prevFoodLevel

And here the line I put into my build.gradle (in the minecraft section, under the line with the mappings)

accessTransformer = file('src/main/resources/META-INF/accesstransformer.cfg')

It says that then I should refresh and it should work, but I refreshed and the fields still don't show up. Do you know how I should fix this?