• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• I'm a developer by trade but just recently picked up Java/Minecraft Modding, so I'm still relatively new to this.   I'm trying to replicate the Dark Glass block from the Extra Utilities mod. I have the block rendering in the game, however, when placed, all adjacent blocks are missing their textures and show a gap in the world. This can be fixed by adding .notSolid() to the properties of the block, but at that point, the block lets light through. My desired effect is to have a translucent block (think stained glass but darker) that you can see through, but that doesn't let light through.  Here's my code for the Block's class: public class DarkGlassBlock extends Block { public DarkGlassBlock() { super(Properties.create(Material.GLASS) .hardnessAndResistance(1.0f, 50.0f) .sound(SoundType.GLASS) .harvestLevel(1) .harvestTool(ToolType.PICKAXE)); } } And code to set the Render Layer to Translucent (in my FMLClientSetupEvent method): RenderTypeLookup.setRenderLayer(RegistryHandler.DARK_GLASS_BLOCK.get(), RenderType.getTranslucent()); I also attached a screenshot that better demonstrates the issue.   Thanks in advance! Side note -- Does anybody know of any updated tutorials for mod development? A lot of resources that seem great appear to be outdated for 1.16 development. 
    • In my defense, I now know how to add ".get()" to the end of my line, thus giving it an instance of a modded item to work with.
    • Open the context menu of a jar and open its properties, show a screenshot of that window
    • Thanks, I can use this. However, I was wondering if there were any way to smoothly animate the position of the item in the hand. For example, something that would allow me to put some modifier on the first person positioning encoded in a model's JSON file.
    • Yes, you have marked a method with @Override but are not actually overriding a method. You need to correct the method signature so that you are overriding a method.
  • Who's Online (See full list)