1.15.2 Item with Gui And Container

zOnlyKroks

Hello,

i am pretty new to modding so pls be patient with me. I just had the great idea to make a wallet for my money mod. Now the item is created. Now how do i make it so if you right click it, it opens an inventory to store items. I dont know how to make the Container or the Gui. Pls help me out Community. If you are so kind pls send me a piece of code because i am not the best at understanding without some code to look at. Sorry for any spelling issues i am German.

Lg,

zOnlyKroks

Its full of explanations for almost every method and class..also the workflow of the whole code is described below the code files in the page i linked...so you have created your item, but you need a container to store things in it, and a gui to interact with it. What the code does is exactly that..it creates an item, it creates a container for the item and an associated container screen (your gui), then it gives the item the possibility to access the container and store items within it. Of course the code that does that is a bit long and complicated, but you really need to read it carefully and try to understand it, then ask questions about specific things of the code. You don't expect someone on this forum to write the code for you right?

• Haha 1

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port

Just make questions, and we'll give you an answer if we are able...all right, aren't you understanding a single line of the code? If thats the case i would like to ask how well you know Java, because believe me, trying to mod minecraft without knowing Java is a huuuge pain. If you instead don't understand concepts behind the code, or its workflow, this is where you should ask for help

Edited by Beethoven92

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port

They kind of will.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Well, then you are making an item that remotely opens an ender chest, which is...kinda completely different from what you asked in the beginning, as you don't have a money bag item, but rather a wireless controller that opens a private storage which is accessible also in other ways 😁 ..but if you are pleased with that i won't judge, though i hope you will come back to the code i linked when you have a bit more knowledge about Java and minecraft, so you can understand which is the right approach to this problem.

Edited by Beethoven92