[1.16.3] How to properly implement the config screen

nero!

Hey!

I use `ForgeConfigSpec`to configure my mod. I expected it to automatically generate the config screen (which is shown when clicking the "config" button of the mod), but it turns out that the developers are supposed to set up that screen. That's how it works at least for 1.12.x and older versions. However, I did not find any resources on how to do it for forge 1.13+. I looked at the documentation, public repos, forge forums but I could not find anything.

So my question is: How am I supposed to make that "config" button work? Because at the moment, the users of my mod need to manually edit their config file.

Thank you for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Found a solution thanks to "Curle" on the forge discord.

ModLoadingContext.get().registerExtensionPoint(ExtensionPoint.CONFIGGUIFACTORY, () -> (mc, screen) -> {
    return new CustomOptionsGUI(screen);
});

Then you need to create your own config screen (since it is not yet implemented in the forge api)